wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Rolling in an R1T with RJ. I can't tell how special this trip and this ride was to me.

More rolling with RJ!

Please forgive the low camera angle, but I was trying not to block the rear passengers' view by having my phone front and center the whole time. Out of courtesy to them and RJ, I stopped recording. Luckily, the camera in my head still has all of the images. It comes with having CDO.

[More Videos Incoming, Including From Plant Tour....]
WOW!!!!!!
Sponsored

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

@DuckTruck Anybody mention or ask about the EPA range? Or did you peak at the range while you were driving???
No hard numbers, but I'm guessing they're not bad. When I recently saw the graphic from "Postcard From South America" that shows "314 miles (with juice left)" the more comfortable I became with the Large pack. You know that low-speed, but largely off-road trek, was accomplished on All-Terrain tires.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder how often will I ever drain the charge in one day. Of course it will happen, but with the route-planning software available, and as the charging network grows, my anxiety fears are lessening as we get closer to driving these things in the wild.

If the anxiety is still there, the MaxPack should squelch that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Not gonna lie, I found myself permagrinning as I watched through these videos! Thank you for this footage, Duck! I would absolutely love to visit the factory and mess about on these tracks and trails if they make it an option.
If/when you get the chance, DO. NOT. MISS. IT.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@DuckTruck What's your thought on the green interior - is it "too much"?
It looked a little much on the Configurator, but it took me back to my college days and my hand-me-down 1969 Chevy Caprice Wagon. Fond memories, indeed. Once it rolled in to the Engagement Center from the rain, and I saw the Launch Green/Forest Edge together, I knew there was a reason I trusted my gut. It looks more subtle/not so green in person.

It's beautiful to me, but dont decide until you have to.

Sponsored

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
Awesome videos! What sticks out the most to me is how quiet it is. There's a distinct lack of squeaks or rattles as the R1T goes over all that uneven terrain. If that is the fit and finish quality of the pre-production models, buying an R1T is going to be money well spent!

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!!
I'm glad I was able to figure it out with the help of the Administrator and the guys that interviewed me. By the way, all of the guys mentioned here rock! Luckily, all have young kids, so they had the patience to explain it to me.

I hope to have more pics and short videos uploaded this weekend. Busy dealing with friends and family. Most popular question?: "So, who makes the Rivian?" Aaarrrggghhh!!!

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
It looked a little much on the Configurator, but it took me back to my college days and my hand-me-down 1969 Chevy Caprice Wagon. Fond memories, indeed. Once it rolled in to the Engagement Center from the rain, and I saw the Launch Green/Forest Edge together, I knew there was a reason I trusted my gut. It looks more subtle/not so green in person.

It's beautiful to me, but dont decide until you have to.
All that green reminds me of my 1976 Monte Carlo, green on the outside and the inside, except for a light patch that spelled out "just married" and "wash me" that was written in shaving cream on the hood at my wedding (thanks college roommate). If I really babied that car it'd get almost double digit mileage.

The green interior looks pretty classy with the medium colored wood in the Rivian though.

Last edited:

RunnerPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Design Release Engineer (Electrical)
Clubs

Thank you for posting these!