My floor mats finally shipped

OP
OP

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
According to multiple CS agents, my guide, and a supervisor they are making a return in 2023.
Ahh ok, guess I'll just have to find a highlighter for mine.
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

According to multiple CS agents, my guide, and a supervisor they are making a return in 2023.
Just asked my guide to confirm or deny. šŸæ

OP
OP

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The floor mats are now installed. Didn't take too long to put them in, just had some issues with getting the front passenger one to click in. Added pics to the original post.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
How do Rivian's floor mats compare to third party ones? I am debating whether to get the OEM ones or not. If price and quality are similar, I might as well order them directly from Rivian. TIA.

GR

Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
At final configuration confirmation, my guide gave me option of including black logo floor mats now or waiting for yellow logo version to return next year. She claimed it was a supply chain issue for the yellow.

I donā€™t know what else youā€™d expect Rivian to do in this case? They're giving you the option if it matters to you. Supply chain is jacked up in so many areas.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
At final configuration confirmation, my guide gave me option of including black logo floor mats now or waiting for yellow logo version to return next year. She claimed it was a supply chain issue for the yellow.

I donā€™t know what else youā€™d expect Rivian to do in this case? They're giving you the option if it matters to you. Supply chain is jacked up in so many areas.
I am waiting for yellow and understand the bind they are in from a supply perspective. I am willing to be patient for them. However, the frustrating part is Rivian wouldnā€™t guarantee the pricing on the returning yellow mats, even for those of us who had already paid for the mats and been waiting months for them. They would only provide a refund and require you to reorder at the updated pricing when available. I pushed back pretty hard on this out of principle and finally got in writing they would honor the original pricing. Youā€™d think after the price hike mess theyā€™d have learned their lesson on how to treat customers, but apparently not. Hopefully they apply my feedback to everyone who wants to wait for yellow.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I think I may contact my Guide to cancel my floor mats since Husky and Smartliner mats should be available before winter. They have much better coverage than the OEM mats too.

BCan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just got my ā€œall wx floor matsā€ - garbage if you live in snow as the perimeter of the mat is flat by the door.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

9/12/2022 delivery via the Shop. Per a UPS email I just received, my all black all weather rubber mats are arriving tomorrow (10/7/2022).

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

9/12/2022 delivery via the Shop. Per a UPS email I just received, my all black all weather rubber mats are arriving tomorrow (10/7/2022).
Well, I was wrong about this. Looks like Rivian is overnighting me something that weighs 1 lbs per the UPS tracking information.

Only a label was created and package has not yet been received. I have no idea what could be coming, but at 1 lbs., it's definitely not rubber mats.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Well, I was wrong about this. Looks like Rivian is overnighting me something that weighs 1 lbs per the UPS tracking information.

Only a label was created and package has not yet been received. I have no idea what could be coming, but at 1 lbs., it's definitely not rubber mats.
They are sending out key bands this week. IF you didn't already get yours, it might be that.

pmp6

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Cayman GTS, 2015 Forester, 2017 Sprinter
Just asked my guide to confirm or deny. šŸæ
In all seriousness, can I just use some yellow nail polish to paint it in? Would mail polish melt the material? Would it just fall off in a month?

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Just got my ā€œall wx floor matsā€ - garbage if you live in snow as the perimeter of the mat is flat by the door.
Well thatā€™s not encouraging. I hope the aftermarket mats become available to order before they ship my Rivian mats then!
Sponsored