Sponsored

My first Rivian issue, it thinks it is -40 degrees outside when it's about 90 degrees.

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Posted same experience on Reddit Rivian forum.

I have searched and have yet to see someone with similar problem. My Rivian thinks it's -40 degrees outside of the car. Today is actually probably one of the hotest day of the year at 90 degrees. Does not seem to affect anything in the car, although the auto heating and cooling seems to be a little funky as it wants to warm the car when temperature is set any 65 degrees or above.

Anyone experience something similar. Rivian told me to do hard reboot (isn't that always the solution to problems) which for an instance solved the issue and showed more appropriate temp only to finish reboot and go back to -40 degrees. She is going back to the factory service center so they can try to figure out what might be happening . Having worked on and with computers for the last 40ish years, won't be half surprised if it fixes itself overnight.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Are you sure it’s not -40 outside? Maybe you’re just one of those warm blooded people?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Posted same experience on Reddit Rivian forum.

I have searched and have yet to see someone with similar problem. My Rivian thinks it's -40 degrees outside of the car. Today is actually probably one of the hotest day of the year at 90 degrees. Does not seem to affect anything in the car, although the auto heating and cooling seems to be a little funky as it wants to warm the car when temperature is set any 65 degrees or above.

Anyone experience something similar. Rivian told me to do hard reboot (isn't that always the solution to problems) which for an instance solved the issue and showed more appropriate temp only to finish reboot and go back to -40 degrees. She is going back to the factory service center so they can try to figure out what might be happening . Having worked on and with computers for the last 40ish years, won't be half surprised if it fixes itself overnight.
Someone just bumped another thread which had the answer to this. The Temperature sensor is located in the drivers side mirror and when it is disconnected it shows -40.

Looks like you have either a disconnected or faulty sensor.
Sponsored