Sponsored

My First CCS Charging Session

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Had my first CCS charging session on a 350kwh EVGO. Temps outside was about 50. Started at 11% and ended at 70% 33 minutes later. Peeked at 210. The most alarming thing was the sound the fan makes(I’m assuming it’s the fan) after youre done charging.
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Cooling the battery. usually starts about 10 minutes into charge. Hear it more with 350 units vs 150. i think I’ve only heard the fan once right after charged ended and it wasn’t working as hard as during charge. I’ve assumed this is normal

Milermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Had my first CCS charging session on a 350kwh EVGO. Temps outside was about 50. Started at 11% and ended at 70% 33 minutes later. Peeked at 210. The most alarming thing was the sound the fan makes(I’m assuming it’s the fan) after youre done charging.
I experienced the fan running on high after a 350kwh charge this weekend. I agree it was pretty alarming. Sounded like it was turning into a hovercraft about to take off or something.
How long did it run in your situation?
I ended up restarting the vehicle and it was back to normal after that. I don't know if that was a bad thing to do or not? I figured that if the fan needed to run to cool the battery it would resume after the restart. after that I got back on the highway and had air movement from driving to cool the battery if was needed.

OP
OP

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I experienced the fan running on high after a 350kwh charge this weekend. I agree it was pretty alarming. Sounded like it was turning into a hovercraft about to take off or something.
How long did it run in your situation?
I ended up restarting the vehicle and it was back to normal after that. I don't know if that was a bad thing to do or not? I figured that if the fan needed to run to cool the battery it would resume after the restart. after that I got back on the highway and had air movement from driving to cool the battery if was needed.
IIRC it continued on 10 minute drive home and I didn’t check after that. It was very loud tho. I do recall another time when the fan was on and I turned truck off and came back a couple minutes later and it was off.
Sponsored