Sponsored

Test Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
HR
I did my first tire rotation yesterday, I measured the tread depth of the 4 tires on the truck. All were at about 9mm tread depth. The spare was 10mm. I am very happy with the tread wear. I’ve had the truck since the end of December, drive 80 mile round trip commute in all purpose mode. Took one road-trip to Norman OK to visit my kids at OU and drove in conserve mode while on the highway.

The supplied jack puck is crap, kept slightly moving around on the floor jack. Didn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling using it. Will be ordering some different pucks before the next rotation.

overall, I think the 5 tire rotation is the way to go, and maximize tread wear.

Rivian R1T R1S My first 5 tire rotation at 5K miles, completed 261A1605-CF75-4793-BF92-09F86D959616

Rivian R1T R1S My first 5 tire rotation at 5K miles, completed 4D132545-06A2-4779-8300-68A4488C969D

Rivian R1T R1S My first 5 tire rotation at 5K miles, completed 2F8DFBA4-E4EA-4A22-A6DD-73E14002E7EC
Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
The supplied jack puck is crap, kept slightly moving around on the floor jack. Didn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling using it. Will be ordering some different pucks before the next rotation.

overall, I think the 5 tire rotation is the way to go, and maximize tread wear.
The supplied jack puck is really only good for using the supplied jack, and even that's kinda sketchy. 5 tire rotation is definitely the way to go - helps tread wear and eliminates the need for a jack stand / second jack solution.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The supplied jack puck is really only good for using the supplied jack, and even that's kinda sketchy. 5 tire rotation is definitely the way to go - helps tread wear and eliminates the need for a jack stand / second jack solution.
Doesn't it even have a diagram that says not to use it with a floor jack? The center is not properly supported when you're using it on a floor jack, the hand jack goes up on the inside.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Doesn't it even have a diagram that says not to use it with a floor jack? The center is not properly supported when you're using it on a floor jack, the hand jack goes up on the inside.
Yes. My delivery guy and I did this the day I got my Rivian (1 year and 2 days ago) and the supplied jack puck broke. We were very lucky that the truck didn't fall on it's hub or worse. In the end the jack puck was the only thing that broke but lesson learned. Rivian added instructions for using a floor jack after this incident.

Bearmountain

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 cts, 2000 dakota r/t
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical, Electrical, General Contractor
Yes. My delivery guy and I did this the day I got my Rivian (1 year and 2 days ago) and the supplied jack puck broke. We were very lucky that the truck didn't fall on it's hub or worse. In the end the jack puck was the only thing that broke but lesson learned. Rivian added instructions for using a floor jack after this incident.
Which tire went to spare what were other positions. I already purchased a set of 4 aluminum pucks.

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Which tire went to spare what were other positions. I already purchased a set of 4 aluminum pucks.
Called Rivian and got the following information yesterday for the rotation pattern they use at the service centers...

• Spare to Rear/Pass
  • Rear/Pass to Front/Pass
  • Front/Pass to Rear/Driver
  • Rear/Driver to Front/Driver
  • Front/Driver to Spare
Or if you are visual...
Rivian R1T R1S My first 5 tire rotation at 5K miles, completed 8FC9BF01-2813-4AFB-BE9B-2DDF42383A7E

Last edited:

Laurent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
I already purchased a set of 4 aluminum pucks.
I'm considering getting jack pucks too but I'm not sure why you would need 4 of them (maybe b/c your tire shop doesn't have its own set?). Don't you need only one for a 5-tire rotation, or 2 for a 4-tire rotation?

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Called Rivian and got the following information yesterday for the rotation pattern they use at the service centers...

• Spare to Rear/Pass
  • Front/Driver to Spare
Does Rivian provide tire rotations as part of included maintenance?

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
This is why I kept my 21" after buying the 20" ATs. 8 wheel rotation is even better than a 5 wheel! :). Similarly, my tread life on the ATs has been good so far. I put nearly 5k on the ATs over the course of the winter and they're all still right around 10mm.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
I'm considering getting jack pucks too but I'm not sure why you would need 4 of them (maybe b/c your tire shop doesn't have its own set?). Don't you need only one for a 5-tire rotation, or 2 for a 4-tire rotation?
Exactly - You want 4 if you ever need to bring your truck in for service on a lift and they don't have a set of their own pucks (and you don't want them to remove the plastic rail covers).

Otherwise, 1 for 5-tire, 2 for 4-tire (along with a second jack)

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
OP
OP
Test Name

Test Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
HR
Agreed, that was the problem, the floor jack didn't quite fit within the factory puck.

OP
OP
Test Name

Test Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
HR

• Spare to Rear/Pass
  • Front/Driver to Spare
Or if you are visual...
View attachment 48250

8FC9BF01-2813-4AFB-BE9B-2DDF42383A7E.jpeg

View attachment 48249
this was the pattern i used
Sponsored