Sponsored

Delusions of Adequacy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GX460, Rivian R1T
MATTE ALL THE THINGS. Looking for LA Silver next...
My LA Silver goes in tomorrow morning for Xpel Stealth. Should have it back late Friday or Saturday morning. The shop (Denver Auto Shield) put a test piece on for me, initial impressions are it won't be as dramatic of a change as the Launch Green or El Cap. In direct sun I thought it magnified the metal flake a little more - which I liked. This is the 3rd R1T this shop will have done & they have one more scheduled for later in the month. This will be my first non-black vehicle they've done PPF & ceramic for me. Had I not gone the stealth/satin route I wouldn't have done PPF.

As another guy from Centennial (CO) we'll see if I post pics after reading everyone's thoughts on the "Launchiest Edition" wrap. I'm fragile...
Sponsored

Bbernardo

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Tacoma / 08 H3
This totally confirms my choice on ElCap and getting the same treatment.

Thanks for the share!

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
My LA Silver goes in tomorrow morning for Xpel Stealth. Should have it back late Friday or Saturday morning. The shop (Denver Auto Shield) put a test piece on for me, initial impressions are it won't be as dramatic of a change as the Launch Green or El Cap. In direct sun I thought it magnified the metal flake a little more - which I liked. This is the 3rd R1T this shop will have done & they have one more scheduled for later in the month. This will be my first non-black vehicle they've done PPF & ceramic for me. Had I not gone the stealth/satin route I wouldn't have done PPF.

As another guy from Centennial (CO) we'll see if I post pics after reading everyone's thoughts on the "Launchiest Edition" wrap. I'm fragile...
Rick, stealth on Silver will look great! Just google Stealth Xpel Porsche and you'll see lots of great results! Really look forward to seeing it.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
This looks brilliant! I test drove a LR Defender before going with the R1S. It was matt black. Looked great! LR has started doing factory installations, which is a great idea. Also, like to debadge the car so I can confuse people!

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

This I’m looking forward to. mine will be LA silver and I think it’s gonna look great in a matte finish.

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Rick, stealth on Silver will look great! Just google Stealth Xpel Porsche and you'll see lots of great results! Really look forward to seeing it.
Wonderful ... now you've gotten me down another rabbit hole ...

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

can you see any flake through the PPF?

Sponsored

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Strange question... What exactly is stealth PPF? I had simply thought it was a matt finish PPF, but It kind of sounds like it allows your existing color to show through and give it a matt finish?

Sorry if this sounds like a strange question, but i keep hearing people talking about how it makes their original color look and how they were hoping the metallic flake would show through.

thanks

Adam

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
@Jobiwan looks sick!

I honestly feel the stealth wrap makes the other Rivian colors more appealing.

I'm getting El-cap, but for my Max Pack I'm contemplating maybe Yellow or Silver for the stealth wrap.

Would love to see more pictures outdoors!

Thanks for sharing.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Strange question... What exactly is stealth PPF? I had simply thought it was a matt finish PPF, but It kind of sounds like it allows your existing color to show through and give it a matt finish?

Sorry if this sounds like a strange question, but i keep hearing people talking about how it makes their original color look and how they were hoping the metallic flake would show through.

thanks

Adam
It is transparent film, but with the matte finish instead of gloss.

njcoach24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC

Any pictures of progress??
Sponsored