First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC90 T8
Occupation
Real Estate
Hi all…just drove miami to Orlando (and back) in my R1S (delivered Dec. 23). Took FL turnpike whole way up.

My take on Driver+ is that it does have lots of room for improvement. There was phantom braking on two occasions when going over a bridge.

And the big bug for me is that it doesn’t re-engage after changing lanes. So with having to manually re-engage all the time, it’s just easier not to use.

All that said, when it’s on, and not going over bridges, it worked beautifully. I experienced no ping pong and it did a great job keeping the vehicle centered in the lane. I experienced no issues passing semis either.

One question I do have: Does using Driver+ or ACC reduce battery range?

My wife drove on the way up (so I could watch the Dolphins lose) and did not use it. We made the whole drive with no charging stops.

I used the ACC and Driver+ on the way back and had to stop once to recharge.

On both legs, it seemed the cars range estimate was off by about 20-25% (which is a lot).
Hopefully an update will include lane change capabilities. I have had phantom braking on two lane roads but not on highways, at least not yet. But I have not seen a range depletion due to Driver+.
Sponsored