Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Detailing See below:

Rivian R1T R1S My Car Care Products 1650897402815

Rivian R1T R1S My Car Care Products 1650897414247

Basics (See Below):

Grit Guard: Use this to rub dirt off your sponge in a 2 or three stage bucket system wash. Works with most home depot/car wash 5 gallon buckets, recommend 1 for each bucket you use.

Foam Cannon: Make washing easy with a Foam Cannon that connects directly to your pressure washer. Load up your Foam Rated Soap and let soak for 5 minutes ensuring the washing process doesn't damage your paint or wrap while allowing dirt to fall off patriot to agitation! Please ensure compatibility with your specific model of pressure washer.

Foaming Shampoo: While a Variety of shampoos are available, one of my favorites are from a brand called FICTECH due to the ceramic/shine properties of the product. I call it magic in a bottle as it leaves every surface smooth and glossy with minimal DIY effort.

Wheel Cleaner: SONAX Beast is the ultimate wheel cleaner breaking down dirt, iron deposits, and other road grime on your wheel while not harming the painted surface like some acid etched based wheel cleaners. Just remember to always use a dedicated wheel/tire brush/sponge.

Interior Cleaner: SONAX Multi-Purpose Interior cleaner is a great all in one for your Rivians multi surface non leather upholstery. Please note most if not all leather cleaners can be used on your Rivians Vegan Leather.

Quick Detailer: As mentioned before FICTECH makes an amazing line of products that are very easy to apply and maintain. The Carnauba Quick Detailer goes on the car after washing (while the car is still wet) and works with the water to leave a beautiful ceramic glossy layer while you hand dry your vehicle.

Ceramic Spray Sealer:As mentioned before FICTECH makes an amazing line of products that are very easy to apply and maintain. The Supercharged Ceramic Booster goes on the car after washing (while the car is still wet) and works with the water to leave a beautiful ceramic glossy layer while you hand dry your vehicle.From there it applies a very thin layer of ceramic coating to help protect your car until the next car wash. VERY DIY Friendly.
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

wow, its like a pro shop. when are you open for appts? :D

Joints4Sale

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, e-tron GT,Ram CTD,R1250GSA, Tuareg 660
Occupation
Orthopaedic Implant Sales
wow, its like a pro shop. when are you open for appts? :D
No kidding. I'll be over on Saturday.

@kanundrum, What are your thoughts on color correction and ceramic coating prior to going Stealth Xpel?

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

No kidding. I'll be over on Saturday.

@kanundrum, What are your thoughts on color correction and ceramic coating prior to going Stealth Xpel?

I mean its good to do just for peace of mind, if you are "protecting" the paint might as well correct it prior if there isn't a huge price difference but if you are spending more than $500 or so to do basic/simple correction that is not going to shine thru and you will be keeping stealth anyways for a long time almost seems like a waste of money TBH.

My opinion is if you are swinging for a while stealth install the shop should do that for you regardless because its a LOT of cost wrapping an entire vehicle and it makes their life a lot easier to get rid of any potential defects that will make their job a lot harder (SAP, any dust, that offsets paint areas etc).

SurlyBurris

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2001 Land Rover Disco II, R1T
Was just wondering if anyone found a good solution for protecting the wood interior pieces? I've been using this cleaner for pretty much every surface of my cars and its done the job.

https://www.carguysdetail.com/products/super-cleaner

It says it will do wood as well, but my concern is that I live in a dry climate here in CO and wood has a tendency to shrink and crack over time.

I'm guessing a good household wood cleaning product is fine. I'm just curious what others have tried.

Sponsored

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
My car care products:
  • Rain
  • Wind
  • Sun
1654058039631.gif

😉
If you lived where I do, then your list would be:

Rain/snow/slush/ice
Wind
Salt, lots of salt
Sun (but only a few days a month)

But seriously, I appreciate the OP and plan to give a couple of them a try. I'm particularly interested in the wheel cleaner. I take my SUV on a back road that has heavy gas well traffic. The surface is some compacted supposedly biodegradeable "stuff". That "stuff" stays in the wheel wells forever. I know some of it stuck on mine are going on 2 or 3 years at this point. If the SONAX product can get it off, I'm sold.
Sponsored