Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I had my R1T for almost a week now. My 1st modification? Having XPEL Ultimate Fusion applied to the front end of the vehicle. It’s a fairly new film from XPEL that includes a hydrophobic top coat.

“ULTIMATE FUSION is an optically clear, high gloss, self-healing film that protects vehicles from rock chips, scuffs, and light scratches. Developed with a hydrophobic top-coat, the film’s naturally slick surface helps repel water, making protected surfaces easier to wash and stay clean”

I had my installer wrap the entire hood, bumper, valance, mirrors, all front end lighting, upper tailgate and the driver and passenger front door sills. I also had my two front windows tinted with top of the line XPEL Prime XR Plus ceramic film.

The workmanship was flawless. My installer has roughly 10-years of experience and does a lot of high end Porsche’s. He is such a believer in Ultimate Fusion that it’s the only film he installs in his shop. He even removed the hood emblem to avoid cutting around it. He then reinstalled the emblem using 3M automotive double sided tape.

My OCD side is happy now😁

Rivian R1T R1S My 1st R1T modification - front PPF (XPEL Ultimate Fusion Film) & window tint F25945D7-6695-4779-9B27-CDC994FE9535

Rivian R1T R1S My 1st R1T modification - front PPF (XPEL Ultimate Fusion Film) & window tint CF2B8C24-C9C0-4148-8AE1-F98C3BE39CCE
Sponsored

Last edited:

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Your PPF installer is better than mine was for sure.

OP
OP
mini2nut

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Yes, he was a great referral. Installing PPF correctly is an art that only comes with experience.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

My god, the orange peel! Look at the piano black on the front bumper. That’s why I never recommend XPEL film.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Now you can do this!

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
My god, the orange peel! Look at the piano black on the front bumper. That’s why I never recommend XPEL film.
There is plenty of orange peel on all factory paint these days.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

There is plenty of orange peel on all factory paint these days.
While that may be the case, XPEL has its own orange peel effect, due to the adhesive coupled with the film.

I will say, SunTek Reaction does a great job muting the orange peel effect on my R1T.

sjm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep, too many.
Looks like a fantastic job. Finding a good installer is key. Similarly, I have been working with a one man shop in Portland for about 10 years now who does all the dealership work for Tonkin Ferrari --- anal as they come. So, anyone in Portland area looking, talk to Roadrunner Graphics.
Sponsored