Sponsored

Must Watch - Oldie but Goodie

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
This just popped up in my YT feed, and I remembered it being one of my favorite Rivian/RJ videos, so I watched it again.

There are SO many good tidbits of info in here, it's totally worth watching the entire 17 minutes...

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
This just popped up in my YT feed, and I remembered it being one of my favorite Rivian/RJ videos, so I watched it again.

There are SO many good tidbits of info in here, it's totally worth watching the entire 17 minutes...

I remember watching this when it came out and it was one of the draws for me to Rivian for sure (not to mention my home state). He comes across as such a great dude (not ā€œMuskyā€ at all). He is such a great spokesman for the company that he desperately needs to do another sit down video like this to address the current situation in production and challenges the company is facingā€”it would calm the waters in a big way I feel.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
RJ's comments made me rethink adding back the "Ballistic" shield to the underbelly. Also, where's my "swag"? All I've gotten is a picture.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RJ's comments made me rethink adding back the "Ballistic" shield to the underbelly. Also, where's my "swag"? All I've gotten is a picture.
I think the off road protection is additional steel skid plates. Not sure whether the additional steel was part of the testing he mentioned. Maybe a good CS or Guide question.

Sketch is the only default swag... I hope they open a merch store S00N though.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Interesting to hear him say 315-330 mile range. Perhaps that was their target? I want to see the EPA numbers!

Sponsored

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting to hear him say 315-330 mile range. Perhaps that was their target? I want to see the EPA numbers!
I was wondering if anyone would comment on that. That's for R1S, and I've heard other comments that R1S gets about 10 additional miles over R1T due to aero, so 305-320 for R1T. The other question is if that 15 mile delta is due to the different wheel/tire combos.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I think the off road protection is additional steel skid plates. Not sure whether the additional steel was part of the testing he mentioned. Maybe a good CS or Guide question.

Sketch is the only default swag... I hope they open a merch store S00N though.
I was thinking the opposite. I've been following them since the LA show, my impression is the underbelly shield was their original thought and they have since made it optional? I've asked CS and did not get a confidence-inspiring answer.

From CS: "
I can share that the underbody shield does offer additional protection to the battery, so it is something to consider if you have a family. Of course, the current design of the R1T is made to ensure maximum protection for the battery, but if you have a family, itā€™s never wrong to have that extra peace of mind! As far as the weight, we havenā€™t been given that information, but I will be more than happy to follow up personally when that information is available."
Materials: per Rivian, the off-road skid plate is HS steel, aluminum, and carbon fiber.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

It may be old but itā€˜s the first time Iā€™ve seen it and youā€™re right, it was worth watching the whole thing. Thank you for posting this!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I echo others in this thread, he speaks so well, clearly passionate about what he is doing.

I had not seen that either, there was some interesting things in there that Iā€™m curious if they are still working on.

Would love to have him provide a where we are today update. Let us know a little more about current challenges, what is still in the works for future features, what may have been dropped and why.

Clearly from the video, a company being in stealth mode for 9 years they like to hold their cards close to the vest. It does reinforce my confidence that they will come to market with a great product.

@skyote , Thanks for sharing that, went great with my morning cup of coffee

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

I placed my pre-order about 12 seconds after watching that interview. This was the exact moment I knew Rivian was the real deal Holyfield, and not vaporware.
Sponsored