First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Rivian R1T
Occupation
None
Anyone driving from Bend up to Bachelor on 21s with the stock tires? Been up/down a couple dozen times in a Tesla w/snow tires, but haven't braved the trip in my R1T. See lots of R1Ts coming and going, so am wondering if anyone is doing it on the 21s, and how that's working?
Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Anyone driving from Bend up to Bachelor on 21s with the stock tires? Been up/down a couple dozen times in a Tesla w/snow tires, but haven't braved the trip in my R1T. See lots of R1Ts coming and going, so am wondering if anyone is doing it on the 21s, and how that's working?
My Neighbor has done it a couple of time on 21's with no issues

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

I don’t think people realize how capable 21s are. They really do well.

87Ducks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T,
Did you happen to make the trip? I am in the same situation as I just received my R1T but have the 21" wheels and didn't want to risk it when I went up Sunday so took the old reliable Ridgeline with dedicated snow tires instead. It was definitely a little slick coming down so I would be curious how it went with the street tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JohnK

JohnK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Rivian R1T
Occupation
None
No, I have not driven the R1T up to Bachelor. I had some fairly typical "white knuckle" experiences with the 21s on icy / snowpacked roads back in Nov when it first started snowing here in Bend, so I relegated the truck to the garage for much of the winter. I do drive it around town on snow covered roads some, and the 21s do OK in some snow covered road conditions, but icy or hardpacked snow, especially downhill are not among them. I make the drive up to Bachelor 2-3 times a week in a Tesla w/snow tires, and icy patches, if not long stretches, are all too common.

Sponsored

87Ducks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T,
No, I have not driven the R1T up to Bachelor. I had some fairly typical "white knuckle" experiences with the 21s on icy / snowpacked roads back in Nov when it first started snowing here in Bend, so I relegated the truck to the garage for much of the winter. I do drive it around town on snow covered roads some, and the 21s do OK in some snow covered road conditions, but icy or hardpacked snow, especially downhill are not among them. I make the drive up to Bachelor 2-3 times a week in a Tesla w/snow tires, and icy patches, if not long stretches, are all too common.
Appriciate the input. Unless by some miracle snow tires become available for the 21" wheels i will be springing for a set of 20" by next fall - and possibly real snow tires instead of the AT's. Kicking myself for not researching that before i finalized the order.

OP
OP
JohnK

JohnK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Rivian R1T
Occupation
None