KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

I’m guessing they mean single touchscreen with no physical buttons. It’s not tricky to use though, at all.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I’m guessing they mean single touchscreen with no physical buttons. It’s not tricky to use though, at all.
Yeah, but I still feel this was a mistake and it belongs squarely on the Cybertruck con list...

Sponsored

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
VW ID4, R1T (on order); Prev: R1T QM
I got to sit inside of a Cybertruck for the first time yesterday. I'm not a Tesla hater or anything of the sort. But...

It was far more disappointing than I imagined. Build quality was very poor, as the dash and door panel materials were already warping and separating from each other.

The dash is ridiculously long, the front trunk is too small to be useful outside of a few grocery bags, and the stainless steel was not pleasant to touch. I cannot imagine what it would feel like in the heat.

I was hoping that the Cybertruck would find a market and sell well, after all I want many more EVs on the road.

There are a handful of them I've seen around town and one of my neighbors down the street owns one. They always look so dirty and the stainless steel shows every blemish. You'd have to get it wrapped no question.

A couple of other customers were comparing it to Rivian and both agreed they liked the R1T better.

Last edited:

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
My mind was bent long before I bought my Rivian so I didn't notice the great handling.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

While I agree that I'd rather have the Rivian vs those 2, shouldn't the F150 Lightning be in the mix for a fair comparison? I would consider the Cybertruck and Hummer more of a specialty vehicle.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I got to sit inside of a Cybertruck for the first time yesterday. I'm not a Tesla hater or anything of the sort. But...

It was far more disappointing than I imagined. Build quality was very poor, as the dash and door panel materials were already warping and separating from each other.

The dash is ridiculously long, the front trunk is too small to be useful outside of a few grocery bags, and the stainless steel was not pleasant to touch. I cannot imagine what it would feel like in the heat.

I was hoping that the Cybertruck would find a market and sell well, after all I want many more EVs on the road.

There are a handful of them I've seen around town and one of my neighbors down the street owns one. They always look so dirty and the stainless steel shows every blemish. You'd have to get it wrapped no question.

A couple of other customers were comparing it to Rivian and both agreed they liked the R1T better.
You are not buying the quality but buying the technology... that's so my brother said... and he just picked his up a couple of weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

There are just so many little gems in this article:

Whether or not Beast mode is engaged, it has the same point-and-squirt power as the Rivian.
Huh... maybe I don't know what "point-and-squirt" means. 🤔

The Cybertruck is a lot like the head of the company that makes it: One can never be entirely sure what it will do next.
:CWL: It's still funny despite realizing it's so true.

The Rivian is the hypercar of this group... The Rivian is the best-handling truck here by such a large margin it’s barely a competition... the Rivian R1T is by far the most awesome, so it comes away with first place in our comparison test. It really is a super supertruck.
Duh.

I'm surprised that "it looks like a dumpster with four wheels" didn't make the cons list on the CT. What's funny is that despite the Rivian winning this narrative hands-down, the CT is placed in front of the other trucks in every picture.

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
While I agree that I'd rather have the Rivian vs those 2, shouldn't the F150 Lightning be in the mix for a fair comparison? I would consider the Cybertruck and Hummer more of a specialty vehicle.
It's a battle of the "supertrucks", so no Lightning.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

This quote jumped out at me:

"We did discover a useful hack for a tight turn: Turn the steering yoke hard to the stop and let the understeering front tires scrub off speed while the rears point the truck in the right direction."

I would hate to be travelling on that curvy canyon road and come around a bend to find a CT coming at you trying to navigate the turn with this technique.
Sponsored