kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Dude drank too much Lucid tech Kool-aid.

I would agree but their range does seem impressive, waiting for actual EPA figures.
Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
So far they haven't discussed their logistics strategy all that much. They seem to do a lot of manual trip planning which brings up one I hadn't considered...

...shouldn't these off road tracks be on the nav? The TAT? Helllooo...Rivian?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I would agree but their range does seem impressive, waiting for actual EPA figures.
It is. But backing out their efficiency for that range and scaling to truck size it ends up as being consistent with R1T.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It is. But backing out their efficiency for that range and scaling to truck size it ends up as being consistent with R1T.

As long as its not the consistency of their stock pricing Im cool with whatever lol.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So far they haven't discussed their logistics strategy all that much. They seem to do a lot of manual trip planning which brings up one I hadn't considered...

...shouldn't these off road tracks be on the nav? The TAT? Helllooo...Rivian?
It would be awesome if we could import .GPX tracks into the Rivians Nav!

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
It would be awesome if we could import .GPX tracks into the Rivians Nav!
I want to be able to use google maps to plot a route, drag to change roads if I want, and then send it to the car (like I can to my phone) while preserving all my route info.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Ooo, Alltrails integration to get you to a trailhead would be a nice minor feature.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
It's worth noting how patently absurd this is. To double the R1T's range with a smaller batter, it would have to get significantly better Wh/mi than the Model 3's rated range, which no vehicle does. The Lucid's projected efficiency is slightly better than the 3's, but the idea that that scales up to a 7000 pickup truck is hilarious at best.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
It's worth noting how patently absurd this is. To double the R1T's range with a smaller batter, it would have to get significantly better Wh/mi than the Model 3's rated range, which no vehicle does. The Lucid's projected efficiency is slightly better than the 3's, but the idea that that scales up to a 7000 pickup truck is hilarious at best.
Imma bet I wear out my R1S before the public takes delivery of a Lucid SUV :rock:

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Already did that. Just scaling up to the same battery and approximate size and shape of the Rivian would put the Lucid at 300 miles.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Very cool. Love how Rivian is sticking with adventure stories to share about their vehicles as opposed to typical car enthusiast reviews going over the number and driving impressions. Though we need those at some point too.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Ooo, Alltrails integration to get you to a trailhead would be a nice minor feature.
The beauty of an OTA-updatable interface is that adding apps and other types of map overlays should be entirely doable. Alltrails would be a good one.

I'd also love to see integration of the National Park maps with all their usual information about visitor centers, scenic pullovers, sites, trails, waterfalls, etc. My most-frequently-visited park is Great Smoky Mountain NP, and they've got a MapBox/OpenStreetMap online map already. I'll bet others do as well. Put this sucker into my screen when I'm near the park: https://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/maps.htm

Or maybe even more fun version of the same idea: have the classic park visitor maps as overlays. Edit: boo... can't link directly to the one I wanted. If you click the link above, there's a drop down in the top left of the map panel that allows you pick "brochure map". I'd love to see THOSE as overlays.

More "technical": Allow overlay of USGS topographical maps. MapBox probably has at least as detailed terrain data, but I know a lot of people like and sometimes need the traditional topographic map.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs