First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Some info on Conserve mode in the leg 2 video. From 290mile range in sport mode to 308 miles in conserve
This was on the 20" AT tires as well. I took note of that earlier in the video that they were running on the ATs. So 300+ on the ATs seems possible, although they were probably driving pretty slow offroad most the time.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
Please can I have my truck now?!!!

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
This is awesome.

BUT

They didn't get the memo to record the charging speed when you see the R1T charging!

Rivian R1T R1S Motortrend Drives the 2022 Rivian R1T Off-Road Across the Trans-America Trail 1631109324684

P.S. is anyone able to play the third video they have "2022 Rivian R1T: How We Charged Along the Trans-America Trail" ? Can't get that one to play on any devices.

RivianBowerbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Damn. Is anyone here worried about the AT tires and all the flats they had? Ive ripped on my Cooper AT3s for the last few years with no issues. My Landrover also only has like 260hp and 300lbs of torque.
No. I don't think you understand the kind of terrain they were on. Also the Ram TRX chase truck had flats as well.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
This is awesome.

BUT

They didn't get the memo to record the charging speed when you see the R1T charging!

1631109324684.png

P.S. is anyone able to play the third video they have "2022 Rivian R1T: How We Charged Along the Trans-America Trail" ? Can't get that one to play on any devices.
Stay tuned for Mon Sept 13th

evo7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Marketing
i'd love to see the onboard compressor in use (using it with the air compressor accessories kit) to inflate a vehicle or bike tire or something. I'm curious how powerful it is (5 CFM+)?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
It played for me. Basically just the journalist talking about the differences between levels 1, 2, and 3 when charging. Nothing new and exciting. He does reference that at a level 3 charger you can add 150 miles in 30 minutes.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
This is awesome. Love all the great quotes about how spectacular the trucks are, and how they don’t seem in any way to be akin to a first-time manufacturer.

A couple of things I picked up on:
  • Large pack is 133 kWh. I had always seen 135 prior to this
  • 20” wheels in conserve mode can theoretically get greater than 300 miles
  • Confirms no rear view monitor built into the mirror as some were hoping for (doesn’t bother me)
  • Charging status green light is re-confirmed as a feature
  • I can’t wait to get mine and the wait might kill me

Last edited:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I Spy....(easily amused)....

Bat-signal-esque Charging Logo on the ground? Genius! ?

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 6.47.29 AM.png
Nope. Those are puddle lights from the El Cap Granite truck.

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Nope. Those are puddle lights from the El Cap Granite truck.
Ah, gotcha. Appears the puddle lights originate from the bottom of the Rear-view mirror? Guess if it were a bit darker on the passenger side of the White R1T you'd be able to see it on the ground...can just make out a bit of it on the passenger door?

Still giddy, nonetheless. :D?

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Also, 13-15 year old Rattlers? Whoa! Them some biggens...as long as they never make it on a plane with Sam Jackson we're good. ;)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
He does reference that at a level 3 charger you can add 150 miles in 30 minutes.
That's slower than what Rivian has on the website. If there's on thing I am anxiously awaiting it's to see if they did a decent job with the DCFC charging curve.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
https://www.motortrend.com/features/rivian-r1t-electric-truck-frunk-hands-on-review/

There are no power outlets or USB ports inside—those are reserved for the cabin—but the frunk does have a large bin underneath the floor to handle additional items, such as more duffel bags. To access the bin, simply lift the floor panel, and it will secure via magnets against the back wall, a great packaging solution that means you don't have to find space elsewhere to store the panel. What's missing is a drain plug so you could use the frunk as a cooler during tailgate parties or camping trips. Maybe Rivian will add one—and perhaps some power points—in a later update to its new electric truck.
Rivian website still states that there is a 12v in the frunk. Maybe just their pre-production model was missing one?

https://rivian.com/support/article/what-are-the-onboard-outlets-in-the-r1t

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
This is all really inspiring. I am planning a cross country trip for as soon as I get my R1S. Can’t wait.
Sponsored