First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Here's the final installment of the Motor Trend series where they crossed the Trans America Trail:

and here are the others (in reverse order) if you haven't seen them. I suppose I'm partial to "Leg 4" since they passed through Colorado:

Leg 4:

Leg 3:

Leg 2:

Leg 1:
Sponsored

JeepersAlley

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Mod 3, 23 Ford Lightning, 23 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Semi Retired
Thanks for compiling all 5 episodes. That’s a trip I now want to take.

dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

What a wonderful series. For those disappointed that there weren't more details or it wasn't a real road test review, that was never what this was intended to be. MT do these feature stories from time to time and it's more about the trip itself. I really enjoyed it. Thanks Christian Seabaugh and the entire MT and Rivian crew.

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

What a wonderful series. For those disappointed that there weren't more details or it wasn't a real road test review, that was never what this was intended to be. MT do these feature stories from time to time and it's more about the trip itself. I really enjoyed it. Thanks Christian Seabaugh and the entire MT and Rivian crew.
Agreed. My wife and I watched some of the press reviews and she really didn't care for them. "Cool features but I know all this stuff already" was pretty much what she was saying during the videos. She liked (and I did too) the Motor Trend ones because it showed the people just enjoying a cool trip that just so happened to be done in an electric vehicle. And the enjoyment to see the drivers/passengers "forget" about the electric nature of the vehicle and then suddenly remember was great to see it become normal to them which is really cool considering the MT team are big into gas vehicles. Since my wife and I have been an EV only family for 4 years now, driving electric is normal to us and its fun to see others come to that realization.

Riventures

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eTron GT
Occupation
Management Consultant
I agree with you all. I really liked the series, different than all others. I wish they had included a little more content on how they used some of the more unique features, but maybe the lack of such content is because those features were just second nature and part of the overall experience.

The most important takeaway for me was that the 300-mile is good enough, that just spread relief for me and saved me $10K :)

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Not gonna lie...favorite part was the very real ending...getting stuck in deep sand. You guess wrong...better have the right tools on board. I think I'll just go ahead and put some of those traction boards on my XMas list ahead of time lol. ?

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
I agree with you all. I really liked the series, different than all others. I wish they had included a little more content on how they used some of the more unique features, but maybe the lack of such content is because those features were just second nature and part of the overall experience.

The most important takeaway for me was that the 300-mile is good enough, that just spread relief for me and saved me $10K :)
I agree that this series shows the full 300mi potential, but I'm still worried about range in different conditions (e.g. Trailer, cold weather, both). Still no real road tests on that yet.
Sponsored