Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
RJ mentions dirt bikes in the bed! whoop!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Great interview! It's nice to watch and listen to Ed Loh visit with RJ. I've been a fan of Loh, and Motor Trend, for quite some time. It's just personal taste, but if I had to choose between Motor Trend and the other two magazines, Motor Trend would win the day. That said, I read all three magazines every month and can't wait to devour every word, picture, and video once the embargo is lifted on the recent press event.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
That cab was like a sound studio, I heard hardly anything but the voices. If that is what the inside of these things is going to be like I’ll be amazed. Not sure how many miles on this one but based on the coordinates in the video they are in Utah so that is quite a ways into the TAT trip.

Granted they were not going very fast but my Jeep GC Overland would be sure to let me know I was off pavement even at those speeds.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Probably my favorite MT video so far. Both for the driving, and I find RJ very relatable.

Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Towards the end was a good scene of how four adult men fit in the truck in real life. Not huge, but certainly adequate. RJ looked like he was slid forward a bit, but still had decent knee-to-dashboard space while the guys in the back definitely didn't have their knees against the backseats.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Towards the end was a good scene of how four adult men fit in the truck in real life. Not huge, but certainly adequate. RJ looked like he was slid forward a bit, but still had decent knee-to-dashboard space while the guys in the back definitely didn't have their knees against the backseats.
and holding a huge camera steady.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Guy likes mountain bikes, so he's alright in my books;) ?

Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Ebikes are cool!
I am cool with Ebikes. I almost bought one, but now I am on more of a Titanium Hardtail kick. I am firmly in the run what ya brung circle.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
That cab was like a sound studio, I heard hardly anything but the voices. If that is what the inside of these things is going to be like I’ll be amazed. Not sure how many miles on this one but based on the coordinates in the video they are in Utah so that is quite a ways into the TAT trip.

Granted they were not going very fast but my Jeep GC Overland would be sure to let me know I was off pavement even at those speeds.
It's interesting that in MT's Reddit AMA they say that the R1T was middle of the road as far as cabin noise in EVs as a whole (leaning to the quieter part of the middle). So perhaps the Rivian blows traditional ICEs out the water in terms of cabin noise, and is slightly better than average in the EV category (which generally have a higher standard of isolation).
Rivian R1T R1S Motor Trend: Rivian R1T Conversation with RJ Scaringe 1632512700949

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It's interesting that in MT's Reddit AMA they say that the R1T was middle of the road as far as cabin noise in EVs as a whole (leaning to the quieter part of the middle). So perhaps the Rivian blows traditional ICEs out the water in terms of cabin noise, and is slightly better than average in the EV category (which generally have a higher standard of isolation).
1632512700949.png
Yes, I read that today as well which surprised me.

I was more thinking about squeaks and raddles over wind but now I am wondering if it was more mics tuned to vocal ranges then anything else.

I guess we will all know sooner or later...

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired