RivianXpress

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Sprinter, Husky TE300 TPI, BMW R1250GSA
Occupation
Retired
RJ mentions dirt bikes in the bed! whoop!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Reaction score
First Name
Duck
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Great interview! It's nice to watch and listen to Ed Loh visit with RJ. I've been a fan of Loh, and Motor Trend, for quite some time. It's just personal taste, but if I had to choose between Motor Trend and the other two magazines, Motor Trend would win the day. That said, I read all three magazines every month and can't wait to devour every word, picture, and video once the embargo is lifted on the recent press event.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Grand Cherokee; (LE - R1S)
Occupation
IT
That cab was like a sound studio, I heard hardly anything but the voices. If that is what the inside of these things is going to be like I’ll be amazed. Not sure how many miles on this one but based on the coordinates in the video they are in Utah so that is quite a ways into the TAT trip.

Granted they were not going very fast but my Jeep GC Overland would be sure to let me know I was off pavement even at those speeds.

Speedrye

Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Towards the end was a good scene of how four adult men fit in the truck in real life. Not huge, but certainly adequate. RJ looked like he was slid forward a bit, but still had decent knee-to-dashboard space while the guys in the back definitely didn't have their knees against the backseats.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicles
Hummer H1, Lotus Elise, Fusion Energi platinum
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Towards the end was a good scene of how four adult men fit in the truck in real life. Not huge, but certainly adequate. RJ looked like he was slid forward a bit, but still had decent knee-to-dashboard space while the guys in the back definitely didn't have their knees against the backseats.
and holding a huge camera steady.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Ebikes are cool!
I am cool with Ebikes. I almost bought one, but now I am on more of a Titanium Hardtail kick. I am firmly in the run what ya brung circle.

sevengroove

Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lexus RX 350
That cab was like a sound studio, I heard hardly anything but the voices. If that is what the inside of these things is going to be like I’ll be amazed. Not sure how many miles on this one but based on the coordinates in the video they are in Utah so that is quite a ways into the TAT trip.

Granted they were not going very fast but my Jeep GC Overland would be sure to let me know I was off pavement even at those speeds.
It's interesting that in MT's Reddit AMA they say that the R1T was middle of the road as far as cabin noise in EVs as a whole (leaning to the quieter part of the middle). So perhaps the Rivian blows traditional ICEs out the water in terms of cabin noise, and is slightly better than average in the EV category (which generally have a higher standard of isolation).
1632512700949.png

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Grand Cherokee; (LE - R1S)
Occupation
IT
It's interesting that in MT's Reddit AMA they say that the R1T was middle of the road as far as cabin noise in EVs as a whole (leaning to the quieter part of the middle). So perhaps the Rivian blows traditional ICEs out the water in terms of cabin noise, and is slightly better than average in the EV category (which generally have a higher standard of isolation).
1632512700949.png
Yes, I read that today as well which surprised me.

I was more thinking about squeaks and raddles over wind but now I am wondering if it was more mics tuned to vocal ranges then anything else.

I guess we will all know sooner or later...

Advertisement

Advertisement