Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
The conflicting reviews on the rear seat is maddening!

On the First Drive Review (https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-rivian-r1t-electric-pickup-truck-first-drive-review/):
The rear seat is cramped and not particularly comfortable, so it's best for shorter journeys.
On the interior review video (https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-rivian-r1t-electric-pickup-truck-interior-review/):
[In back] Legroom is pretty roomy.
Are these reviewers massively different height or something?? Is it cramped or roomy?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Looks awesome. Can't wait for my own personal R1T. El Camino here I come. My Model Y will be so jealous!
Literally same here.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Perhaps some aftermarket hooks can be added. ?. Also, there is a cargo net at front face which will be nice/expected but not seen before as far as I know.
A couple command strips would do it - inelegant but could be worse.

Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Well looks like the world will soon know what we've knew all along ?

Also looks like they dropped the c-post speaker and when for a second door speaker in the back seat.

Rivian R1T R1S Motor Trend Review: The 2022 Rivian R1T Is the Most Remarkable Pickup We’ve Ever Driven 2022-Rivian-R1T-20

Rivian R1T R1S Motor Trend Review: The 2022 Rivian R1T Is the Most Remarkable Pickup We’ve Ever Driven Screenshot_20210831-143805

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Lets hope they aren't too rare... ;)
Don’t worry, they are revising the rare seats so they should be well done.

(I couldn’t resist.)

Pathfinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender X-Dynamic
Have they said (or perhaps @DuckTruck or someone who attended the event will know) how the wipers will be controlled? As a former Tesla owner I hated the controls being in the screen, especially since the rain sensing feature was basically useless and all changes to wiper speed required touching the screen.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Curb weight 7,000 pounds o_O

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I did not hear anything about voice control...seems like a lot of the UI could be fairly intuitive voice control-wise (Alexa?). Has Rivian mentioned voice control? Seems missing from this Motortrend review if so...

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Well looks like the world will soon know what we've knew all along ?

Also looks like they dropped the c-post speaker and when for a second door speaker in the back seat.

2022-Rivian-R1T-20.jpg

Screenshot_20210831-143805.png
You think its the sub that's showing under the rear seats?

Rivian R1T R1S Motor Trend Review: The 2022 Rivian R1T Is the Most Remarkable Pickup We’ve Ever Driven 1630439605158

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Motor Trend Review: The 2022 Rivian R1T Is the Most Remarkable Pickup We’ve Ever Driven 1630439814631

I am worried the roof glass is going to be too dark. i hope we will be able to see the stars at night but with this shot I'm doubtful.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
Have they said (or perhaps @DuckTruck or someone who attended the event will know) how the wipers will be controlled? As a former Tesla owner I hated the controls being in the screen, especially since the rain sensing feature was basically useless and all changes to wiper speed required touching the screen.
Honestly, the main reasons I am completely disinterested in a refreshed Model S or X is the move to remove the stalks, door module controls for mirrors, and that damn steering wheel.

Over simplification made it a great deal harder to do common and basic tasks (like adjusting music volume, turning on wipers/misting, adjusting mirrors, adjusting vents).

Some stuff is fine (even better) to have in a touch screen UI that can be updated and modified to add new features or update existing ones, but there is a fine line between helpful and "OMG, WTF?"
Sponsored