nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
not 25mph of charging at 48 amps. 15mph is what's shown here
Rivian R1T R1S Motor Trend Review: The 2022 Rivian R1T Is the Most Remarkable Pickup We’ve Ever Driven 1630432360402
Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Cramped rear seat room was the only major red flag for me. The complicated UI/UX doesnt bother me as it can be fixed fairly easily OTA and I am pretty quick with interfaces...
Agree. The software could all be fixed in future updates but am not enthusiastic about motor trend calling out rear seat room.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I wish they would show off the retractable tonneau cover. I haven't seen anyone detail dive into that and compare to the folding. That's a big decider for me between explorer and adventure package.

Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
yay! finally some better looks from someone besides Rivian, these are great.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Agree. The software could all be fixed in future updates but am not enthusiastic about motor trend calling out rear seat room.
To be fair in the video they said it was roomy (especially leg room), but not super comfortable. They also said Rivian is redoing the rear seat. There's room for hope!

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
not 25mph of charging at 48 amps. 15mph is what's shown here
1630432360402.png
Keep in mind that might be the 'max' Amps it can take. The tesla has a similar button. However most commercial chargers are on 208v, not 240v like at home and it's possible that's a right number for a 208v/30a connection.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Management
Rivian R1T R1S Motor Trend Review: The 2022 Rivian R1T Is the Most Remarkable Pickup We’ve Ever Driven 1630433636879

This is interesting.
  1. I read this as 301 mile "rated" range. Would have loved more out of that "+", but this is fine. Wonder if it takes tires and settings into account for the display range. (I only show % SoC on Tesla because the range estimate is useless without those factors included.)
  2. I'm curious if this is "300 miles in Conserve mode with 2WD on and no A/C" or if that stretches out a few more miles. Hopefully the latter - I assume EPA cycles don't use funky range extender modes.
  3. Surprised that "Daily" is well below 70% SoC when Tesla recommends 80-90% and Elon has talked often about diminishing returns in <90% daily charging. Neither here nor there but it's interesting.

Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
To be fair in the video they said it was roomy (especially leg room), but not super comfortable. They also said Rivian is redoing the rear seat. There's room for hope!
Yeah, although they called it out as a negative, the details really didn't sound bad. Room for four adults, comfortable leg room, not enough lower back support for taller rear passengers. A complete non-issue for me.

Just like their other major negative - the lack of cupholders. I've never used more than one at a time. If my wife uses the other, two seems like enough.

But I know some people regularly travel long distances with huge rear passengers and gallons of fluid.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Management
Can you explain to me what this means? TIA
The armrest storage (and it looks like maybe the under-seat drawers?) are locked/unlocked by software. Among other things, this is great because even if someone smashes the window and breaks in, they can't just open up your storage and get your laptop/phone/purse/whatever.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Product Management
Just like their other major negative - the lack of cupholders. I've never used more than one at a time. If my wife uses the other, two seems like enough.

But I know some people regularly travel long distances with huge rear passengers and gallons of fluid.
On this front - the "interior dimensions" Rivian Story noted that you can fit a 32 oz Nalgene in the door pockets, so it seems like this is a non-issue. Might have been prudent to put a cup-shaped detent in the door pocket just to head off the complaint, but I don't think it's an issue in practice.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
[QUOTE="kylealden, post: 51659, member: 2223"
Surprised that "Daily" is well below 70% SoC when Tesla recommends 80-90% and Elon has talked often about diminishing returns in <90% daily charging. Neither here nor there but it's interesting.
[/QUOTE]

Couldn't this be like a 20%-90% range too? You don't want to go to 0% daily.