Sponsored

Motor Trend article on price increases, new variants

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
We suspect that in addition to the R1X, a detuned quad-motor R1S and R1T featuring the new motors is in the cards given CEO RJ Scaringe's desire to bring core competencies in-house

Yeah... 2026 and it'll be called "The GM Equinox EV"

I kid... But come on now ?

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
And I'm sure the in house motors will be just as good as the "in house" navigation and UI that is SO much bettter than Carplay and AndroidAuto. Please. Although I would be interested in the dual motor and it would no doubt satisfy my light offroading needs, no way would I trust their fumbling initial attempts at going it on their own over an experienced electric motor manufacturer. Not to mention I'm sure I could order something from an established OEM today to get by 2024 with far more trust and faith in the product.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
MT went way too easy on them.

The automotive press really needs to stop quoting prices that aren't available yet. If you can't lock in your price, it's just wishful thinking at best, and deceptive at worst.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The Rivian executive quoted in that article is full of it. If we didnā€™t know better you could read his words and believe Rivian has delivered tens of thousands of vehicles to their ā€œcustomersā€. The truth is they did this before almost every *customer* got their vehicle. To me this shows their plan to deal with this is to just hide behind the supply chain woes and inflation instead of addressing the options they had OTHER than stabbing their biggest fans in the back.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

MT made a deal with the devil. We already know they gave up editorial control to get the exclusives last year. They were obligated to report on this to maintain a thin patina of credibility. I think if the person writing that article had a vehicle on order the article wouldn't have read like we are supposed to feel bad for Rivian.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
The Rivian executive quoted in that article is full of it. If we didnā€™t know better you could read his words and believe Rivian has delivered tens of thousands of vehicles to their ā€œcustomersā€. The truth is they did this before almost every *customer* got their vehicle. To me this shows their plan to deal with this is to just hide behind the supply chain woes and inflation instead of addressing the options they had OTHER than stabbing their biggest fans in the back.
That Rivian executive, Jiten Behl, was Lauren Schwabā€™s boss. I tend to believe Laurenā€™s claims in her lawsuit. All of it. Doesnā€˜t seem like there were any consequences for Jiten for discriminating Lauren.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That Rivian executive, Jiten Behl, was Lauren Schwabā€™s boss. I tend to believe Laurenā€™s claims in her lawsuit. All of it. Doesnā€˜t seem like there were any consequences for Jiten for discriminating Lauren.
I believed her when I first read it and was disappointed, but now her story Seems even more credible. Very sad. 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
WTF is the Chief Growth Officer talking about in this article? ā€œPrices which were originally set in 2018ā€. That is an outright lie. I ordered my LE in November 2020 and the price communicated to me was 75,500. My LE is now 92,000 (90k plus 2k since ocean coast is now extra) I need to find the email for the guy that wrote this article so that they can update the article to state that what the Chief Growth Officer stated is a lie and to fix this in the article.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
WTF is the Chief Growth Officer talking about in this article? ā€œPrices which were originally set in 2018ā€. That is an outright lie. I ordered my LE in November 2020 and the price communicated to me was 75,500. My LE is now 92,000 (90k plus 2k since ocean coast is now extra) I need to find the email for the guy that wrote this article so that they can update the article to state that what the Chief Growth Officer stated is a lie and to fix this in the article.
MotorTrend had their lips surgically attached to Rivianā€™s a$$ when they did that exclusive series last year. They are part of the problem.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
R1X you say???
Yeah, they'll announce it for 50K, take tons of pre-orders and promise a 2023 delivery only for it to be 2025. Then jack the price up to 80K when production starts.

I'm not sour....

mahendar

First Name
Mahendar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software
We need to get SEC involved. This is a clear fraud case. Company profile was built using pre-order numbers and now ditching/duping the pre-order holders indirectly by increasing price at a inflation rate of 20%......
Sponsored