Motor Junkie article spreads FUD: "20 Drawback Of Electric Vehicles Drivers Commonly Overlook"

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
First Name
A. J.
Vehicles
Tesla X Extended Range Plus 2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, SR5
Occupation
EE Retired
I think the purpose of the forum is to inform people. I think I owe it to them to give them accurate information. If I make a mistake (and I do) I expect and hope someone will correct me. I don't particularly want to look stupid so I am motivated to check what I post for accuracy. I really think others should also be so motivated. If everyone just posts whatever pops into his head then the forum is pretty valueless, IMO.

electruck

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo XC60
Facts can be corrected without berating other members. AJ, I don't believe it is intentional but sometimes your bluntness comes across a little more harshly than you may realize.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
First Name
A. J.
Vehicles
Tesla X Extended Range Plus 2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, SR5
Occupation
EE Retired
I'll try to watch that. The J in my name does not stand for "subtle".

Jehorton

First Name
James
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
Occupation
Firefighter
Just kidding. No need to respond to that.

Jpoel59

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P90D 2016, Tacoma 4x4 double cab long bed 2020
Occupation
President
An undated Motor Junkie article does it's best to spread FUD on EVs.

"20 Drawback Of Electric Vehicles Drivers Commonly Overlook"

The article mentions the Mustang Mach-E so I'm assuming the article can't be too old. Regardless, the lack of references and incorrect or exaggerated information peppered throughout the article makes this IMO a hit piece on EVs. Unfortunately the article does not have a Comment section, but FWIW there is a Contact Us section. ;) I'm working on my email.
Largely outdated and incorrect assumptions and factoids. The old saw: jeez those batteries consume a lot of resources in manufacturing. Uh, did you somehow forget that forging engine blocks and pistons uses a tremendous amount of resources and energy? Among many others.