Sponsored

Model Y receives 4th price increase in 30 days. Over 12mo, Model Y price increased from $48,900 to $58,900. What can we expect from Rivian?

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
How long can mining be sustained when all vehicles are BEVs? I’m not against BEVs. I have a rivian deposit in and I’m excited for the switch. But I’m also not entirely sold that BEVs are sustainably the answer to future transportation.
Drilling, refining and transporting oil all emit CO2 as well, overall emissions are probably about double what you get at the tailpipe. Manufacturing EVs is tougher and more material/process intensive but EVs typically become more efficient when both cars have been driven 30-60k miles. Given that the average car survives to 200k and batteries can be repurposed for stationary applications it should make them a good bit more efficient overall.

I don't think everyone owning an EV personal auto is going to save the world (think about it, personal cars have a stupidly low utilization rate and pale in efficiency to bikes and transit). I just want one because it's cool (and it still *is* a hell of a lot more efficient than a Raptor or TRX which are the real comps here).
Sponsored