Sponsored

Mobile service review

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
tldr; They didn't show up

Got a call 3 weeks ago that my spare tire was in. They scheduled a service appointment for today to install the spare tire and to reprogram the Rivian so I can actually use the card keys they gave me. Appointment window came and went, and nothing. Called the service advisor line and the guy who answered sounded quite shocked that no one showed up. Service center was closed already, so hopefully I hear something tomorrow.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Mobile service came by yesterday and installed my spare tire. Felt bad for the guy because it was 100 degrees yesterday, but I was able to angle my truck into the garage so he would at least be in the shade. He attempted to reprogram my truck to accept a new card key, but he couldn't get it to work. Apparently adding and deleting card keys is something that has to be done over the air. So now I have to wait for Rivian to figure out how to add the card key to my truck. So thats 2 months now with no working card keys, and apparently Rivian doesn't know the process to fix that 🤷‍♂️

SJaYx2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Add me to the spare tire install no show, no call, no anything. The 24/7 Service support advisor couldn't even get a hold of anyone at my local service center.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
What services are available with mobile service? I've had two less that great service center experiences in the 2 months since I have gotten the truck-- and my gear tunnel doors are worse than when i got the truck. Are panel and door adjustments something mobile service can do? El Segundo is far from Pasadena...

Last edited:
Reactions: Guy

supernu8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
What services are available with mobile service? I've had two less that great service center experiences in the 2 months since I have gotten the truck-- and my gear tunnel doors are worse than when i got the truck. Are panel and door adjustments something mobile service can do? El Segundo is far from Pasadena...
I'm 2hrs from the nearest SC. Recently had an awesome mobile service tech appt in the philly area to check out a sensor issue. He was super knowledgeable and mentioned he spent some time at Normal prior to switching to mobile service. While he was here he easily adjusted my tailgate latches and realigned my front quarter panel-to-hood offset gap. Might not seem like a big deal but he seemed vexed that the factory didn't catch it and he wouldn't leave until it was fixed, so I was impressed.

Might depend on your locality but there are some great techs out there that are well trained and glad to help. Obviously any job that would require multiple days they are going to pull back to a SC.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I'm 2hrs from the nearest SC. Recently had an awesome mobile service tech appt in the philly area to check out a sensor issue. He was super knowledgeable and mentioned he spent some time at Normal prior to switching to mobile service. While he was here he easily adjusted my tailgate latches and realigned my front quarter panel-to-hood offset gap. Might not seem like a big deal but he seemed vexed that the factory didn't catch it and he wouldn't leave until it was fixed, so I was impressed.

Might depend on your locality but there are some great techs out there that are well trained and glad to help. Obviously any job that would require multiple days they are going to pull back to a SC.
Good to hear that some panel alignment issues (one of the most common issues it sounds like) could be reminded by mobile service. This along with better factory QC would cut down the strain on the SCs.
Sponsored