Mobile Inspection Repair?

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
I've had several voicemails from Rivian regarding scheduling mobile service for open repair items. Seeing as I had no open repair items, I have ignored the calls. Today they left a little more detailed message stating they needed to address some "quality control inspection" so I called them back. They stated they needed to replace something on the Pillar trim on both interior doors and some trim in the truck bed, as well as something else I don't recall. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar voicemail or type of mobile service initiated by Rivian. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ what is your approx. VIN?

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I would expect others in the same VIN range to get the same call/message soon if they haven't already.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I've had several voicemails from Rivian regarding scheduling mobile service for open repair items. Seeing as I had no open repair items, I have ignored the calls. Today they left a little more detailed message stating they needed to address some "quality control inspection" so I called them back. They stated they needed to replace something on the Pillar trim on both interior doors and some trim in the truck bed, as well as something else I don't recall. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar voicemail or type of mobile service initiated by Rivian. Thanks in advance!
They added two items similar to that to my SC appointment for next month. Apparently has something to do with extra clips...they are removing them. It was a blip on reddit if I remember correctly.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian replaced some of my A-Pillar trim during a service, unprompted. Wind noise varied a lot due to cross winds but now I have constant noise from my driver's side, so not really sure which is better. I haven't been able to pull up the work order from that service visit though so can't offer up what they might have actually done.

There is a satisfaction campaign about loose door moulding but I'm not sure that's what they did.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10222713-0001.pdf

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I think these 'c' pillar clips have more to do with rear seat area airbag deployment.

OP
OP
harkco

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Rivian replaced some of my A-Pillar trim during a service, unprompted. Wind noise varied a lot due to cross winds but now I have constant noise from my driver's side, so not really sure which is better. I haven't been able to pull up the work order from that service visit though so can't offer up what they might have actually done.

There is a satisfaction campaign about loose door moulding but I'm not sure that's what they did.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10222713-0001.pdf
Yes - that was definitely one of them. The other 2 had something to do with trim pieces in the bed that could potentially leak. Guess we shall see on Friday. Thanks for the responses.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
I haven't gotten this call yet. My vin in the 3100s. But I have the cross winds noise from the passenger side. It becomes mostly noticeable on the interstate at speeds above 80. If they could get this issue solved, I would feel like the truck is pretty much perfect.
Sponsored