Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Thanks! Great review! I like his perspective on what it will be like to use on a daily basis.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I hope Rivian figures out the powered Tonneau cover. This must be the 15th review of, sorry the bed cover does not work.

mrfari

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MTA baybee..
Agreed great review. The pulsing of the charge bar was new for me as well, thought it was also a progress bar, might be an option we can select. That smuggler's box underneath driver and passenger seats are pretty tiny, thought it was going to be a glove compartment substitute (in addition to the center console) but when the test drive came thru it felt perfect for small items like sunglasses, but not much larger.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I hope Rivian figures out the powered Tonneau cover. This must be the 15th review of, sorry the bed cover does not work.
I wonder if it's the same truck for most/all of them. I sort of remembering them all being a blue one.

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
1:07 mark -> "...one motor on each 21-inch all terrain wheel..."

I hate myself for instantly knowing that he's off by an inch. It's such a minor miss but clearly I spend too much time obsessing about this vehicle.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
That's because it's the 15th review of the same vehicle. They've decided it's not worth sending a production version for reviews, easier to just tell people it is pre-production for that feature.

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
I was able to use the one at the Rivian Experience Center in Venice with no problems...my guess is that all of these review cars were just sent out earlier than when they had whatever the issue was addressed

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
No reviewers seem to mention that Rivian’s have knee airbags. That maybe why there’s no room for a glove box?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Was a good review, I like how different the focus of all of these reviews are, really gives a broad scope of the trucks features from various perspectives.

[Start Rant ]
Pet peeve for me.... I really don't understand how people can use promise in place of the actual word that should be planned. He uses it for the RAN and many forum users use it for various things that have been on the Rivian web pages and in announcements.

The words promise and plan are not interchangeable, I do not ever recall seeing anything from Rivian that said they promise to do something. They are planning on doing some things and even provide disclaimers that things can change. Just think of it in terms of "I have a 5 year plan", it is certainly something you are striving for and would like to happen but clearly things can change and adjustments can and most likely will happen in that 5 year period.

promise
NOUN
1) a declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen.
synonyms: assurance · pledge · vow · guarantee · agreement · commitment · contract · covenant · compact
VERB
1) assure someone that one will definitely do, give, or arrange something; undertake or declare that something will happen.
synonyms: pledge · vow · guarantee · assure

plan [plan]
NOUN
1) a detailed proposal for doing or achieving something.
synonyms: proposal
2) an intention or decision about what one is going to do.
synonyms: intention · aim · idea · intent · goal · target · hope · aspiration

[/ End Rant]

Apologies for those I may have offended, just something I had to get off my chest.

Sponsored

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
Thanks! Great review! I like his perspective on what it will be like to use on a daily basis.
This is also more important to me (for R1S though). Marques owns Model S Plaid and still impressed with the driving tells me something about enjoying this drive daily as well :)

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I believe the correct terminology according to Marques is "dailyable" ?.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Great review. UI issues are frustrating to see. Let’s hope they get it snappier before deliveries start, or that OTAs fix it quickly.
My take on that is as he was using the map talking about it lagging and I thought it looked fine in the video.

I also used it in Venice and had no complaints when I was playing with it so might be something you need to look at in person.

Might just be my tolerance for response is more than his (and others). I have been working remotely for a couple of years using an AWS Workspace so might be that it has adjusted my expectations.. :cool:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My take on that is as he was using the map talking about it lagging and I thought it looked fine in the video.
It must be a personal threshold, then. When I saw Marcus interacting with the map it definitely looked like a LOT of lag, to me.
Sponsored