First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Just saw this posted over in r/rivian on Reddit. Marques Brownlee has an R1T for two days.

Ooof. Poor TFL. :LOL:
Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Yeah, saw this as well, and RJ retweeting.

Does this mean more Youtuber reviews or did MKBHD get an exclusive as he is the biggest tech YouTube reviewer?

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

This makes me very excited. I just got to see and play around with the truck, but MKBHD is a little more methodical and planned out than me when reviewing. Can't wait to hear his thoughts.

Next: Doug Demuro

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I like his videos, but he isn't exactly a car guy. He can tell us what's like to use it day by day, but not exactly it's capabilities. I'm sure it'll be fun to watch anyway.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
If I wanted to know what someone who knows nothing about cars or trucks thought of the R1, I’d get my mother in law to drive one.

Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
He's done some decent car reviews, and already had access (but not several days) to the Ford Lightning so will be interesting to see what he has to say.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I very much like a lot of his content, but I hope he does better than this.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
He has been driving P100D, Model S Plaid (and possibly Model 3 Performance) for a while. His comparison will be interesting with other high performance EVs, if not as a truck.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

He's done some decent car reviews, and already had access (but not several days) to the Ford Lightning so will be interesting to see what he has to say.
Marques was the first to notice that the Lightning was reporting significantly high range that Ford has announced. He was the first to report that Ford was quoting their range numbers with 1000lbs of cargo in the truck.

I enjoy MKBHD’s tech and car reviews. He’s one of the most honest reviewers out there IMO. He also notices things that most people do not and had different takes on the tech. I actually liked his MachE/Tesla/Audi/ICE comparison because he was pointing out the shortcomings of the charging environment in the real world. Ford even announce their ‘Charge Angels’ program to address the problem. That program came just over a month after MKBHD’s video and we’re all better for it.

Anyways, the ultimate reviewer for me is me. I need to get my ass in an R1T. I’m pretty sure many of you feel the same about it.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Marques/ MKBHD does great consumer tech reviews. He’s not so much a car guy and it was obvious from the F-150 Lightning and Hummer EV reviews that he really does not understand trucks at all. That said, he still covered a few things on the Lightning that others had missed. Like Sgt. Beavis points out, he noticed the higher range reporting and broke the news about the 1000lbs payload. His lack of understanding for trucks made his Lightning review somewhat disappointing, but he’s still knowledgeable on EVs (primarily Teslas) and did offer some good observations and comparisons in that regard.

I’m looking forward to his in-depth review and I like how he’s requesting input from his followers.

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Looking forward to this!

OP
OP
svet-am

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I don't really follow MKBHD. Does he have a regular content schedule?
It can vary. I've seen him do 4 videos a week on his main channel. I've also seen him do only one in some weeks. October is a busy month for him. He calls it Techtober. There are a lot of consumer electronics released during the month, so he'll be busy.

This week, he has two vids. One for the new MacBook Pro on Monday and the Pixel 6 yesterday. So he'll probably have at least one more video this week.
Sponsored