Sponsored

Misery loves company...2021 or prior R1T pre-orders without a guide

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
9/21 pre-order here who recently (3+ weeks ago) switched from R1S to R1T hoping to get a vehicle S00N. I'm close to the Denver SC and haven't had any movement in my account yet. CS chat (I know, I'm desperate) can't give me anything other than "you will receive an updated delivery estimate in April".

I've heard from others who made the same switch and immediately received their guide/R1T and know that pre-orders from early 2022 have been getting their trucks too. I know there isn't much rhyme or reason to Rivian's prioritization or processes and my total wait pales in comparison to many of yours, but just trying to get a sense for how many others are in the same boat as me.

TLDR: any other 2021 or prior R1T pre-orders who live close to a service center and don't have a guide or R1T shop access yet?
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
TLDR: any other 2021 or prior R1T pre-orders who live close to a service center and don't have a guide or R1T shop access yet?
That's a bit disingenuous. You had an R1S order made in late 2021. Rivian is right on schedule for delivering those. You decided you couldn't wait and switched to a R1T just recently.

YOU switched, which is your right, and now you're implying that Rivian is ignoring you and all the other pre-2021 "R1T" reservations in favor of newer orders?

You're expecting Rivian to jump through hoops to fit you in and get you your R1T immediately, just because you changed your mind. And I'm sure they are/have scheduled your newly-configured R1T based on your build. And I'm sure they will tell you your new delivery window in April, on the same quarterly update schedule that they are providing to everyone. And if your truck is going to be available before that new window comes out, I'm sure you will get an email and a guide and a VIN and all that other good stuff.

I think it's unreasonable to take a swipe at Rivian over this. After all, it was your decisions which drove your delivery schedule. Now Rivian has to fit you in to the already-set production schedule, and how soon they can do that depends on your configuration. If you're really in that much of a hurry, call them up and ask for shop access so you can pick from what's available right now. Make the argument based on your order date and let them know you're open to switching configurations to whatever is available in the shop.

Rivan

First Name
Rivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lexus RX350, Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Eng
Clubs

I would say, you should be getting your car very soon, just hang in there, There is a Rivian over flow parking by my work, and it is full of all these beautiful Rivian's .. Even though I have R1T, but I still enjoy walking by that parking spot to look at them .. my vin is 15K, so you will be getting later vins, which I am sure you will have a lot more improvements.. so at least you will have a good quality truck I am seeing close to 20K vins at this time so thats good.. hang in there :)O

OP
OP
freshpow

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Lol. Your response is a bit extra and I hate that I'm even humoring it. Disingenuous? I noted all of the specifics of my situation and that I have seen others in similar situations make the switch and receive a guide/their truck immediately. When did I take a swipe at Rivian? I'm not complaining at all, just trying to understand how many others find themselves in a similar situation.

If you're really in that much of a hurry, call them up and ask for shop access so you can pick from what's available right now. Make the argument based on your order date and let them know you're open to switching configurations to whatever is available in the shop.
Who exactly do I call? I would love to have a guide who could give me shop access. I mentioned in my post that I chatted with CS and all they could tell me was to wait until April.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Not hate, just insistence on the facts rather than playing into a stereotyped mis-characterization of how Rivian operates. The "disingenuous" label comes from your presenting this (via the title of the thread and your TL;DR summary) as a 2021 R1T pre-order being passed over and suffering in "misery" with everyone else because of that. Call it click-bait, if that makes you feel better, which would be the popular, if less accurate, term. What I'm calling out is that even though those details of you switching etc. were present, the way you portray it and the words you use, including "S00N", imply that this is Rivian's fault and all part of a pattern of their incompetence. In reality, what you are experiencing is exactly what they told you to expect and exactly what you should have expected all along.

Who exactly do I call?
Customer service. Don't ask for a delivery window, since no one has any more information than what is shown on your account. That would be true even if you had a guide. Ask for access to the shop based on your pre-order date. At the very least they should tell you they will make inquiries to see what they can do. In my experience, if they tell you this they will get back to you, and since it's a reasonable request in your situation and since it will help them get rid of a vehicle in the shop and make you happy at the same time, I think they will jump at the chance to give you shop access. But if you really are not flexible on your configuration, then you will have to wait for the next delivery window update like everyone else.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
As stated previously, you switched very recently. Yes, others may have had quick results, but I don’t think it’s realistic to expect that to be the norm going forward - especially since Rivian just announced a major change to the whole R1T process last week. Since they are ramping up R1S production, you may have even screwed yourself…..

OP
OP
freshpow

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Not hate, just insistence on the facts rather than playing into a stereotyped mis-characterization of how Rivian operates. The "disingenuous" label comes from your presenting this (via the title of the thread and your TL;DR summary) as a 2021 R1T pre-order being passed over and suffering in "misery" with everyone else because of that. Call it click-bait, if that makes you feel better, which would be the popular, if less accurate, term. What I'm calling out is that even though those details of you switching etc. were present, the way you portray it and the words you use, including "S00N", imply that this is Rivian's fault and all part of a pattern of their incompetence. In reality, what you are experiencing is exactly what they told you to expect and exactly what you should have expected all along.
You just made up a bunch of nonsense and attributed it to my post, instead of reading what I actually wrote. Surely, you must have better things to do.

The purpose of my post was simply to understand if there are others in the same boat as me, in which case I could go to CS with confidence and insist that I deserve a guide or shop access based on my preorder date. I take no issues with the way in which Rivian operates and simply acknowledged that it's not a perfect queueing system.

Fun update is that I was assigned a guide in the last hour or so. If there are others in my boat, I'd recommend reaching out to CS and politely requesting a guide/shop access :)

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
9/21 pre-order here who recently (3+ weeks ago) switched from R1S to R1T hoping to get a vehicle S00N. I'm close to the Denver SC and haven't had any movement in my account yet. CS chat (I know, I'm desperate) can't give me anything other than "you will receive an updated delivery estimate in April".

I've heard from others who made the same switch and immediately received their guide/R1T and know that pre-orders from early 2022 have been getting their trucks too. I know there isn't much rhyme or reason to Rivian's prioritization or processes and my total wait pales in comparison to many of yours, but just trying to get a sense for how many others are in the same boat as me.

I would give it a few months. I switched from a max pack to large in October and took delivery end of December. I’m about 20 miles from the Denver service center and my original max pack order was august 2021.