Sponsored

Eric552

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Rivian R1T
I have a build within these dates. Had the SC center the steering wheel and do a wheel alignment.

All is well now.

Same. Mine was also corrected today and all is now well. Mine was actually corrected with just a 4 wheel alignment.
Sponsored

njsimons13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Porche Macan 21 Porsche Taycan 4s 23 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Thatā€™s the first thing I realized when i was driving home after picking up my R1T. Currently my R1T is in service for multiple issues and that is one of them. I got loaner thats misaligned too. I just donā€™t get it!

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

question for the hive mind.

my steering wheel definitely has to be a few degrees to the left of center in order to drive straight.

what i also notice is when driving in a straight line and im in the exact middle of the lane, the driver display shows that am closer to the lane on the left side. when i use Driver+ i notice the vehicle tends to "hug" closer to the lane on the right side but in the driver display it shows its centered.

do you think this steering misalignment is causing this issue on the driver display and with Driver+ ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

KRo

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22ā€™ R1T, 22", RBlue, OCoast, no Tonneau
Occupation
Business owner
Just got my R1T back from service after an alignment TODAYā€¦ Steering wheel now straight and center, no slight pull to the right. They also replaced one of my 22ā€ Pirellis due to a ā€˜flat spotā€™ that caused shaking around 70+ mph that they initially thought might be drive shaftsā€¦ bad tire from the factory. Truck now tracks straight, steering wheel on center and freeway speed shimmy gone!

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Now I Have Three Outstanding Recalls
Ho-Ho-Ho

BronxBomber

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S LE, 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Talent Executive
Thatā€™s the first thing I realized when i was driving home after picking up my R1T. Currently my R1T is in service for multiple issues and that is one of them. I got loaner thats misaligned too. I just donā€™t get it!
Same - R1S delivered 4/28/23 in the shop now, R1T loaner, also misaligned! šŸ˜‚ Honestly is more of a visual pain in the ass than anything else. Still love my truck and am still in full support of this budding company.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Funny, but, I have these exact issues and fall within the build timeline. I called the SC and they told me it doesn't apply to my truck. Well, I still have the issues, so fix it. (They failed at their first attempt).

It's going in on Tues.

Sponsored

BronxBomber

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S LE, 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Talent Executive
Funny, but, I have these exact issues and fall within the build timeline. I called the SC and they told me it doesn't apply to my truck. Well, I still have the issues, so fix it. (They failed at their first attempt).

It's going in on Tues.
Just got it back, they put it on the rack and realigned - problem solved. Costa Mesa SC.

Rob O

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2019 RS5 Sportback, 2018 Raptor, 2020 M4
Occupation
Dad
Like others, my steering wheel was off a couple degrees upon delivery (VIN 18xxx, Jan 2023 build / Feb 2023 delivery) and pulled to the right. Had a local motorsport shop who specialize in corner balancing, modified suspension alignments, track set ups, etc (as well as road cars) perform an alignment versus going to the SC for one. It was off for sure, although we didnā€™t have any factory specs to work with. Post alignment though, the steering wheel was straight and tracked straight.

cross post here

IMG_2689.jpg

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

Same. Mine was also corrected today and all is now well. Mine was actually corrected with just a 4 wheel alignment.
Are these alignments at Rivian Service Centers being done for free under warranty?

My steering wheel didnā€™t used to be off center, but it is now. Seems like something an alignment would fix. Unless the SC would do it for free, itā€™d be more convenient to have it aligned at a local shop.

Eric552

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Rivian R1T
Are these alignments at Rivian Service Centers being done for free under warranty?

My steering wheel didnā€™t used to be off center, but it is now. Seems like something an alignment would fix. Unless the SC would do it for free, itā€™d be more convenient to have it aligned at a local shop.
Mine was done for free under warranty. Although I did have that as well as a small scuff on the plastic under door cladding addressed at the same time with both being present since time of delivery.

I was told that the Rivian has some type of electronic steering alignment and with my wheels being slightly out of alignment, the truck was compensating by holding the wheel ever so slightly to the left to maintain straight tracking (Which is was, tracking was completely normal). After the 4 wheel alignment, everything is now lined up perfectly.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

I've had several covered under warranty. But honestly I'd rather pay a shop to do it properly. My steering wheel is still not straight and the truck veers to the right if I don't apply constant pressure to the left.

I would gladly pay a couple hundred to have this addressed once and for all.
Sponsored