OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I think they may also have changed the wheel size on mine before delivery, because:

Rivian R1T R1S Mini-review at 1500 miles (R1S) IMG_0936
Rivian R1T R1S Mini-review at 1500 miles (R1S) IMG_0935
Sponsored

OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
About ten days before delivery, I found my VIN in the lot and reported many of these issues, but they ignored me. To be fair, they did at least wash it and buff out half the scratches.

And soon after delivery they made a service appointment for me only four short months in the future, so they have a chance to make it right. I also appreciate the delivery timing: that saved me about $2.5K in Turo rental charges. If they had to give me a car with all of these issues in order to get me a car earlier, it was totally worth it. Assuming they fix these eventually, of course—they’re going to effect resale value.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
About ten days before delivery, I found my VIN in the lot and reported many of these issues, but they ignored me. To be fair, they did at least wash it and buff out half the scratches.

And soon after delivery they made a service appointment for me only four short months in the future, so they have a chance to make it right. I also appreciate the delivery timing: that saved me about $2.5K in Turo rental charges. If they had to give me a car with all of these issues in order to get me a car earlier, it was totally worth it. Assuming they fix these eventually, of course—they’re going to effect resale value.
Where are you at in CA? I had the same problem with my R1T. Placed a ticket on day one of ownership, got an appointment for two and a half months later at the costa mesa service center... However, my truck only has one panel gap issue and a crack in the main infotainment (how that passed QA/QC i'll never know).

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
You are not alone. A guy in dfw area took delivery of the r1s LE GW/BM also with tons of problems. Gaps, misalligments. It was so bad that he almost refused delivery, but the SC opened a bunch of tickets for him and promised these things to be fix.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Wish OP the best. While some of these are fairly minor, the interior falling out of the clips and other notable things are uncalled for. I suspect Rivian will continue to have these pains for another 12-18 months as they formulate a CRM tool, action plans, A3’s, and hire/retain the right staff. All of this takes time and a firm hand. If leadership is too loose, it will take even longer to get in front of these larger issues.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
EDIT: Somehow ended up in the wrong thread!

Last edited:

Chas60422

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru outback
Occupation
Healthcare
I assume you have a service appt opened to get these issues fixed? It can be crazy how one vehicle is near flawless and the one made right after it can have so many issues. I think the push to get vehicles delivered really stressed out the factory to meet their goals. hopefully things will settle down now..

Sponsored

OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I assume you have a service appt opened to get these issues fixed?
A service appointment has been made, but they’re booking four months out. So we’ll see how it goes in a few more months.

Reactions: Rad
OP
OP
NineElectrics

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
For posterity, I’ll note a few more issues I found today.
  • The driver’s side D pillar cover flares out at the corner and the gasket is not on straight.
  • The passenger side D pillar cover has a significant gap with the body.
  • The passenger side third row side window chrome is offset about 0.5 cm from the body.
  • The passenger side third row side window itself isn’t flush with the body.
At this point it’s looking like this was a 20” or 22” R1S that was rejected at delivery. They then put 21” wheels in it (losing two jack mount covers in the process) and gave it to me. It was dark outside at delivery so I didn’t see all of the issues at that time. Maybe that’s why they delivered it to me outside, not indoors.

Rivian R1T R1S Mini-review at 1500 miles (R1S) 23A11FB5-C443-4D51-9A47-166D6C4DDE53

Rivian R1T R1S Mini-review at 1500 miles (R1S) 40B64F46-15E0-4B1D-9413-AEE1DD09F5C4

Rivian R1T R1S Mini-review at 1500 miles (R1S) 6A5071A6-CC11-4CE1-B1E0-4FA6B42CBEB8

Rivian R1T R1S Mini-review at 1500 miles (R1S) DAA0CA58-0E1B-4DC2-BB94-8B989C9CD374

Last edited:
Reactions: Rad

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
A rushed R1S in hand is worth twice a s00n R1S in the bush. ;)

They can fix most of that, and they will eventually, right?

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
A rushed R1S in hand is worth twice a s00n R1S in the bush. ;)

They can fix most of that, and they will eventually, right?
The post makes me think you are R1SkyBussines with a new handle ;)
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy