Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, '23 R1S FG/FE/20" Dark
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Proposed WI location is in Menomonee Falls at N59W13500 Manhardt Drive. Very close to the Tesla service center.

Unfortunately there will be more delays. They need a zoning change approval and the village has delayed voting on the change for another month over issues such as noise and traffic. They don’t like how close the location is to two subdivisions (note that the physical building already exists). The service area isn’t air conditioned and there are concerns about noise from open bay doors.

Even if they get the zoning approval, there will still be public meetings and other approvals, so zoning isn’t a green light at all. Unfortunately Rivian wasn’t well prepared for the zoning commission meeting and didn’t do a great job conveying some things, like why they chose this location.

Also, they are only proposing three bays, which sounds like an awfully small service center to serve a huge chunk of the state.
So that sounds both good and bad. I always thought the old dealer location on Burleigh would be a good spot. Lots of visibility, basically on east side of 114th and Burleigh. Right at the water tower there and in a developing area. I don’t know if Tosa would be any more accepting but that area used to be a dealer I think and doesn’t have the residential issue as it’s fairly all developed already. I really hope they can get their crap together and the city can too.
Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

So that sounds both good and bad. I always thought the old dealer location on Burleigh would be a good spot. Lots of visibility, basically on east side of 114th and Burleigh. Right at the water tower there and in a developing area. I don’t know if Tosa would be any more accepting but that area used to be a dealer I think and doesn’t have the residential issue as it’s fairly all developed already. I really hope they can get their crap together and the city can too.
That actually seems like it would be a great location. It’s right off 41 and is near a lot of food/retail for employees. It’s possible the building needs too much work (the building in Menomonee Falls is much newer/nicer) or maybe it’s too big. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the current owner would prefer to sell for redevelopment than deal with improvements and a lease.

Rivian did state that their expansion strategy would be adding additional locations, not eventually moving out of the proposed Menomonee Falls location when they needed more space. So it’s possible they are only looking at smaller spaces that are more turnkey.

Edit: this is a year old, but it seems like the old dealership lot has been a part of redevelopment proposals that include the adjacent empty lot to the east. Seems like the goal for this space is something completely new, not re-use of the existing structure. https://www.jsonline.com/story/comm...ear-wauwatosa-mayfair-collection/69611532007/

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, '23 R1S FG/FE/20" Dark
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

That actually seems like it would be a great location. It’s right off 41 and is near a lot of food/retail for employees. It’s possible the building needs too much work (the building in Menomonee Falls is much newer/nicer) or maybe it’s too big. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the current owner would prefer to sell for redevelopment than deal with improvements and a lease.

Rivian did state that their expansion strategy would be adding additional locations, not eventually moving out of the proposed Menomonee Falls location when they needed more space. So it’s possible they are only looking at smaller spaces that are more turnkey.

Edit: this is a year old, but it seems like the old dealership lot has been a part of redevelopment proposals that include the adjacent empty lot to the east. Seems like the goal for this space is something completely new, not re-use of the existing structure. https://www.jsonline.com/story/comm...ear-wauwatosa-mayfair-collection/69611532007/
Good to know. I’m hoping all parties can come to a solution. While it’s not a lot of new employment opportunity it’s more than zero and it certainly could improve Rivian sales in WI as more people might be inclined to make a purchase with a closer service center. My in-laws are considering but are hesitant with the SC in CHI and I’m sure there are others.
Sponsored