Sponsored

Getoffthepetrol

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Midnight 20”AT
Finally arrived! Wow. Took delivery late Wednesday maybe driven 15 miles.. no issues yet. convinced best vehicle I have owned. Can’t wait to retrieve later this week. Now getting PPFd.

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos 818E02C3-536F-450C-A01F-4F4C0958DF8E

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos 3E09509E-524F-4264-A3FE-193CB88B758A

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

MPH Charlotte

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Land Rover Discovery Sport, VW Taos
Finally, after 4+ years and seeing other R1S' trickle out, it was my turn on March 2, 2023 (preorder was 2/21/2019)!

We absolutely love the R1S - exceeded expectations. I had only seen one in real life in a torrential rain storm in San Fran last month. There might be others where we live in NC, but ours may be the first one...

Midnight, black mountain, 22s. It surprised me in almost every way - from fit and finish to driving and handling characteristics. This replaces my 2014 Range Rover Supercharged (V8) and my initial impressions are that it is better in every way. It is truly quite impressive for Rivian to pull this out of the box on their first attempt.

Waiting was torture, but the early experience suggests it will have been worth the wait and is definitely a keeper!
Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos IMG_7176.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos IMG_7179.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos IMG_7180 2.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos IMG_7187 copy

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
I finally got a chance to take some pics today of my R1T. The truck is Midnight and I had it matte PPF's. I also had the headlights and taillights smoked; I wanted those to be lighter than they are, but I'm getting used to it. Light ceramic tint on the front windows too. I purposely left the mirrors glossy PPF to tie them to the roof and the gloss black 20" wheels the truck came with. I need to figure out how to do a light smoke on the mirror lights.

Then today I took the 20's off and put 21's on because I have 2 decently long trips coming up in the next month so I wanted the efficiency. I have there aero covers but I haven't decided if I'm going to put them on or not. I didn't want the bright polished edges on the 21's so I did the T-Wrap matte black wheel kit. I had previously done the Brainexploder decals on all of the badged in matte gray...I'm not sure what I'm going to do with those in the future, probably gloss black but I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, if anyone is wondering what a matte Midnight Rivian looks like (I know I'm far from the first to do so), here ya go!

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos IMG_0428

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos IMG_0427

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos IMG_0426

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos IMG_0415

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos IMG_0414

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos IMG_0416

JoseQ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Explorer, 2021 RX 450L, 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineering
I got a call about possibly getting a delivery sooner than scheduled last Thursday. Today, I'm driving this.

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos 20230316_083952~2

From the first call, they made it sound like I'd get it mid-April. After the steps were opened (Friday), they said maybe 5-9 weeks. Supposedly it was in Normal, IL (I'm in TX). On Monday the delivery tab opened. They would've delivered yesterday if I had been available, so I took possession today at 8:30am.

Not sure there's anything that I could say that hasn't been discussed a million times here, but my process was super quick & smooth. So far I'm loving it.

I ended up with an upgrade I hadn't ordered (wheels) but otherwise it's the same as my pre-ordered config (Sept 2021).