Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos 20221113_152720

Beezlee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
After 3 years and 3 days from deposit to delivery we finally got our ride. :rock:

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos F00D2F1D-96A9-4D41-99D6-6FE5155B25CA_1_105_c

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos A29840AB-B25A-46ED-A32D-6653658CB648_1_105_c
Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos 91836E9B-4CE5-4C8C-B007-76FD26091E45_1_105_c

Could not be happier!

Test Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
HR
Good Morning and Happy New Year to everyone. I finally got notification that my Rivian had arrived at the Dallas service center and had passed their inspection. I picked it up Friday and have driven it a around town over the weekend. My initial impression is that this vehicle exceeds all expectations. I am coming from a Chevy Bolt as a daily driver and a Jeep Rubicon, that used to be my daily driver and turned into a weekend vehicle. So, given that, I dont know if my frame of reference was very high to begin with, but for the past couple of days, I cant get the grin off of my face. I love driving this vehicle. It rides great, looks good, is comfortable, has plenty of room, and accelerates like nothing I have ever driven before. No weird noises, or sounds coming from it, in my opinion, it's the perfect vehicle and everything I wanted in a truck. Thanks for letting my share my opinion. For those of you still waiting, its definitely worth the wait.

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos Rivian

Sponsored

hilld

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Cooper SE, Z4, X1
Add me to the list. Midnight, dark 22's and black interior. Picked it out from the shop to get it in 2022.

Sorry for the low effort pics, it has been raining daily since I picked it up from the local service center on Friday and have already used it for an Ikea run and some other hauling. Front windows are now tinted (not reflected in pics) and hopefully snow tires in the next day or so.

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos 1672678569674

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos 1672678606551

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos 1672678630255

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Good Morning and Happy New Year to everyone. I finally got notification that my Rivian had arrived at the Dallas service center and had passed their inspection. I picked it up Friday and have driven it a around town over the weekend. My initial impression is that this vehicle exceeds all expectations. I am coming from a Chevy Bolt as a daily driver and a Jeep Rubicon, that used to be my daily driver and turned into a weekend vehicle. So, given that, I dont know if my frame of reference was very high to begin with, but for the past couple of days, I cant get the grin off of my face. I love driving this vehicle. It rides great, looks good, is comfortable, has plenty of room, and accelerates like nothing I have ever driven before. No weird noises, or sounds coming from it, in my opinion, it's the perfect vehicle and everything I wanted in a truck. Thanks for letting my share my opinion. For those of you still waiting, its definitely worth the wait.

Rivian.jpg
Truck looks fantastic! I'm curious interior you went with and also that window tint info. I'm eagerly awaiting my Midnight/FE with ATs (VIN assigned)!

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Truck looks fantastic! I'm curious interior you went with and also that window tint info. I'm eagerly awaiting my Midnight/FE with ATs (VIN assigned)!
MB with a FE interior will be an awesome combo. Is yours going to be a 2023?

Be sure to post some pics after you take delivery.

Test Name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
HR
Thanks, it has the black interior. I waffled back and forth on black or ocean coast, but at the last minute decided on black. I dont think you can make a wrong decision, they all look great. I had the two front widows tinted a a local place the day after pick-up. The tint is a 30% ceramic 2-ply film. Cost 199 for both windows.

With your vin being assigned, it wont be too long of a wait for you. Congrats on your upcoming delivery.

Sponsored

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
I don't think I posted to this thread. Picked mine up in Brooklyn in early December. I think I'm about 750 miles in and loving it. No issues worth mentioning.

Rivian R1T R1S MIDNIGHT (Black) Rivian Photos IMG_5415

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
MB with a FE interior will be an awesome combo. Is yours going to be a 2023?

Be sure to post some pics after you take delivery.
Absolutely - surprised I haven't seen another forum member with that combo yet!
Yes it is a 2023 according to one of the summary pages. Will definitely upload some pics here when it happens.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Midnight Black/Forest Edge with 20" forged black chrome wheels is THE best R1T combo IMO.

I would have configured mine like this but I owned one black vehicle and told myself never, never again.

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
Midnight Black/Forest Edge with 20" forged black chrome wheels is THE best R1T combo IMO.

I would have configured mine like this but I owned one black vehicle and told myself never, never again.
Due to dirt showing? I have resigned myself to living with that. When I had my 4 runner, I had a cargo box and bike racks on the top, so no local car wash would take it. So over the last 10 years I owned it, I had it deep cleaned in/out 3 times total, over 10 years. That was it. Occasionally I ran the hose over it. The Rivian is not a 2010 4runner of course, but a car wash every few weeks or month and hopefully I won't feel too guilty about it looking dirty.
Sponsored