Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
I had the same deposit / pre-order date, but LA Silver, and took delivery one week earlier. I debated switching to black when I saw one in the Shop last month.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Get that @twraps chrome delete and post pics. Might convince us to switch from El Cap to MB...

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
A great looking vehicle - congrats.

After three years of waiting patiently for a quad R1T Max, only to be told that my wait was in vain, I'm now counting down the time until I will see an R1S in my driveway. I 'm not sure if I'll get to 4 years, 11 days, but am surely likely to be in that ballpark.

Enjoy the new ride!

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

From a purely selfish perspective the more in the CLT area, the more likely it is that we get a remote service location close by. About a month ago I decided to heck with it and drop the max pack so I spoke to my guide about the service situation and she said that the closest mobile service person was in Charleston. She also said, quite obviously, that as soon as they got a few more vehicles in this neck of the woods, they would place someone closer.

By the way, nice vehicle! As I am now more seriously reviewing options in the R1 shop, I've got a few colors (configured El Cap) on my list and black is one. As you know, this is the worst time of the year to have a black car around here...in fact, I'll bet by the time you pulled it into the garage, you had a Compass Yellow truck! :D But man does a freshly washed black car look great!

Sponsored

neveo

First Name
Neveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 Raptor,RR,AMG GTC,Escalade,
Clubs

have the same build and its coming this friday

BCEagle

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RS1
Finally, after 4+ years and seeing other R1S' trickle out, it was my turn on March 2, 2023 (preorder was 2/21/2019)!

We absolutely love the R1S - exceeded expectations. I had only seen one in real life in a torrential rain storm in San Fran last month. There might be others where we live in NC, but ours may be the first one...

Midnight, black mountain, 22s. It surprised me in almost every way - from fit and finish to driving and handling characteristics. This replaces my 2014 Range Rover Supercharged (V8) and my initial impressions are that it is better in every way. It is truly quite impressive for Rivian to pull this out of the box on their first attempt.

Waiting was torture, but the early experience suggests it will have been worth the wait and is definitely a keeper!

IMG_7176.JPG
IMG_7179.JPG
IMG_7180 2.JPG
IMG_7187 copy.jpg

Hello - Thanks so much for posting your RS1 delivery to Charlotte NC... looks great!!

I am a reservation holder from January of 2020 and continue to be told by Rivian that my delivery date is being pushed as there is no Service Center in the NC/SC. Can you share how you went about securing delivery without any line of sight to a service center in the state? Did you just inform them somehow that you were "OK" with that risk? If yes, how did you go about doing that?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Tim
Sponsored