EVerywhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Cayenne, Mk8 GTI, KTM 350-XCFW
Occupation
Technology
Clubs

Any concerns about the SL over stock E1?
I don’t think so. I’m not going to be loading the truck to weight capacity or pulling 11,000lbs where I would need all of the 116 rating. The 115 should ride and handle a little better, but probably at the expense of tread life. That said, the AS3’s are 800 treadwear vs 600 for the OEM spec 21s.

Last edited:

carmigo

Site Sponsor
First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rivian in the easiest way possible.
slapped these on today, will report back on range impact. had the 21" road tires before.

275/65/20

defenders.jpeg
Looks Amazing!!! Great job!

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

slapped these on today, will report back on range impact. had the 21" road tires before
Interested to see how this all goes, thanks for posting!

I have a question regarding tire sizes for those that know about those things.
Are there any tires that fit on the 20's that would give the same overall diameter as the OEM 21's?
I've been planning on getting the 21's as they don't cost extra and then buying the 20AT's (hopefully just the wheels) separately configured as a snow set.
Would love to find the right tire that would not require me to go to the SC to reconfigure the truck each time. TIA

Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
No rubbing.

Quick pic drop as requested. Still waiting for more miles on the road to report range changes.

r1t.jpeg
Now that you dropped it, tires look normal. Still would like more shoulder tread, but looks good and I bet mi/kWh and range go up a bit.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

275/60R20
tiresize.com
Thanks that is helpful to click through and look at potential combinations.
I'm almost thinking of getting 22's and 20's as it seems like it would be easier to have both set up with a 33" tire and one having an AS and one having a winter setup.

I wish there were more tire options for the 21". $450 a tire as the only option is less than ideal.

Sponsored

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Any concerns about the SL over stock E1?
I wouldn't use SL range on this truck. Most SL tires can't handle inflation pressures above 42/44 cold, so they'll wear excessively and reduce range on our vehicles.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

It was the loaner with 21” AS that did it for me: range, noise and highway ride comfort. I’m thinking that the stronger, lighter, better looking forged 20” wheels with the range and NVH of the 21s would be the sweet spot for me. The 20” Scorpions are also $200 cheaper per tire than the OEM versions, so even if I just get 80% of the tread life I’m still ahead.
Was ride better on the 20s?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I wouldn't use SL range on this truck. Most SL tires can't handle inflation pressures above 42/44 cold, so they'll wear excessively and reduce range on our vehicles.
Well now I'm confused and moving to another thread. I'll include you

EVerywhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Cayenne, Mk8 GTI, KTM 350-XCFW
Occupation
Technology
Clubs

Was ride better on the 20s?
Ride was significantly better on the 21s primarily because the 21s are AS tires vs the ATs on the 20s.
1. AT tread design creates more NVH on road
2. AT sidewalls are thicker and less compliant than AS so more vertical movement makes it you your seat
3. ATs are significantly heavier than the AS tires, so suspension has more difficulty smoothly damping vertical movements.

I expect that the 275/60R20 Scorpion AS3+ tire will ride better than the similar OEM 21" tire as there is another 0.5" of sidewall and the forged 20" wheel is several lbs lighter than the 21" cast wheel.

Last edited: