First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
Engineer
Interested to hear your findings. I was also looking at Defenders, or maybe the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3. The stock tires don't seem to have good tread life, and I don't want to be having to change tires out every 12-18 months (~25,000 mile a year with commute and recreation).
Same here. Someone else on the forum already has the Scorpion AS +3’s and was seeing similar efficiency to the 21s. Would love to get him in this thread too.
Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

We should request from Rivian that changing tire/wheel size can be done through the UI as you can on Teslas. Seems ridiculous to have to go visit the SC for that (as long as one stays within factory dimensions).

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
these are lt tires though lol...i think these will ride rougher than the at tires as these are probably e rated tires. so heavier and rougher riding tires will probably wont net you any on range.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Interested to hear your findings. I was also looking at Defenders, or maybe the Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3. The stock tires don't seem to have good tread life, and I don't want to be having to change tires out every 12-18 months (~25,000 mile a year with commute and recreation).
The AS plus 3 is what I was considering...

Sponsored

TomR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Also curious above the numbers - I was planning swapping the 20 ATs with the Nokian One HT in the spring, very similar tire to what you installed. LT275/65 R 20 126/123S.

EVerywhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Cayenne, Mk8 GTI, KTM 350-XCFW
Occupation
Technology
Clubs

The AS plus 3 is what I was considering...
I’m also getting ready to pull the trigger on the Scorpion AS Plus 3 in 275/60 R20.

computertom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Bronco Raptor, '80 911 SC
It’s funny, I was all team 20AT until I’ve been driving around on 22’s for the last while with a loaner and the difference in efficiency has been staggering with much of my around town. I’m seriously seeing last 15 minute numbers I never, ever get within .5 of. It’s crazy. Has been much more that the advertised / expected delta. Has me definitely considering alternatives should I not end up being all that in need of the AT part of the tire…

Sponsored

EVerywhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Cayenne, Mk8 GTI, KTM 350-XCFW
Occupation
Technology
Clubs

It was the loaner with 21” AS that did it for me: range, noise and highway ride comfort. I’m thinking that the stronger, lighter, better looking forged 20” wheels with the range and NVH of the 21s would be the sweet spot for me. The 20” Scorpions are also $200 cheaper per tire than the OEM versions, so even if I just get 80% of the tread life I’m still ahead.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I’m also getting ready to pull the trigger on the Scorpion AS Plus 3 in 275/60 R20.
Any concerns about the SL over stock E1?

steelwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Clubs

tire size has been a major concern of mine since deciding to buy the Rivian. I wanted the efficiency of the 21s but didn't want to be trapped into a single or eventually very limited tire selection. This is why I decided on the 20s. back in February last year there was a discussion about this and Laurent was good enough to create this table. I'm sure it could use some further updating at this point, but wanted to repost it for anybody else interested.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
It’s funny, I was all team 20AT until I’ve been driving around on 22’s for the last while with a loaner and the difference in efficiency has been staggering with much of my around town. I’m seriously seeing last 15 minute numbers I never, ever get within .5 of. It’s crazy. Has been much more that the advertised / expected delta. Has me definitely considering alternatives should I not end up being all that in need of the AT part of the tire…
I agress but the opposite. I have 22s but the loaner is 20s. Getting about .25-.30 less mile/kwh. Did a seattle-wa coast weekend trip and was surprised how much more juice was used.

RobR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
No rubbing.

Quick pic drop as requested. Still waiting for more miles on the road to report range changes.

r1t.jpeg
Okay cool - glad they don’t rub! Thanks for sharing
Sponsored