Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Looks great! I’m sure the ride is better and much quieter than the factory ATs. With 20k miles, I’ll be looking fairly soon. Please let us know how they are working out!

OP
OP

basedRNC

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Any update on efficiency with these tires? Eager to hear your impressions so far!
So far, I'm seeing a roughly ~6% reduction in range (compared to 21" road tires, my previous set) on average. This includes mixed highway and city driving in AP mode.

However, I just had Rivian service come out and perform a software update which may change the wheel settings in-car and range calculation. I'll circle back once I've had enough time with this update.

Last edited:

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
Is anyone running 275/60r20 A/T's? Only a 6% drop in range from the 21's is really good OP. That's much better than I would have expected.

ThatOneGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
So far, I'm seeing a roughly ~6% reduction in range on average. This includes mixed highway and city driving in AP mode.

However, I just had Rivian service come out and perform a software update which may change the wheel settings in-car and range calculation. I'll circle back once I've had enough time with this update.
Can you clarify whether this is ~6% reduction in range from your previous 20" tires to your current, or ~6% reduction in range compared to 21" tires?

Sponsored

steelwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Clubs

My previous set was 21" road tires, so yeah 6% reduction compared to those.
While that isn’t terrible, I’m a little surprised. I was expecting this tire/wheel combo to be the same or possibly slightly better than stock 21’s. Just curious, did you have your aero covers in with the 21’s. I’ve done a little research and seen they have around a 3% effect.

TomR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It’s probably due to being a LT tire vs SL. I have yet to see SL tire which same load rating as OEM AT tires.

OP
OP

basedRNC

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
While that isn’t terrible, I’m a little surprised. I was expecting this tire/wheel combo to be the same or possibly slightly better than stock 21’s. Just curious, did you have your aero covers in with the 21’s. I’ve done a little research and seen they have around a 3% effect.
There may be some room error in these numbers. I'll be able to share more accurate data soon, now that the truck's software has been updated to reflect the change in wheel size. Stay tuned

Sponsored

Franksmartin

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software
I think these are 53lb tires, while the ATs are 48lb.... I think a lighter road tire on 20s should outperform the 21s in range. With Teslas, smaller wheels alway get better range.

nugent1021

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc ML55, Tesla Model X, Honda Accord Hybrid
Occupation
Real Estate
How’s the noise vs the pirellis? Aren’t the pirellis foam lined and these are not? Defenders are excellent tires.

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
How’s the noise vs the pirellis? Aren’t the pirellis foam lined and these are not? Defenders are excellent tires.
none of these tires are lined with foam and wished they were as they would probably help a decent amount in these types of tires and the frequency it creates.

Also everyone that's wondering about the loss 6 percent loss in range is probably less in actuality as the speedo is wrong... now that he got the speedo fixed should probably only be a 2 or 3 percent loss.

Really wish he got the 33"defenders as those were the only ones that had higher ratings on noise than the pirelli as3 plus

nugent1021

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc ML55, Tesla Model X, Honda Accord Hybrid
Occupation
Real Estate
Wife's Tesla Model X has foam in the tires and my understanding was that electric vehicles need it due to noise? She managed to blow out 2 Continental tires that were $500 each. Same tire without foam was like $300. I think this makes me want a size other than the 21" for my Rivian so I can get some Michelins....thanks for that info.
Sponsored