Sponsored

Mercedes building charging network in NA -- partnering with Chargepoint to build 400 sites /2500 stalls

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
This is what Rivian should do with the RAN network. Open the network to all EVs but allow Rivians the ability to reserve a charger. Makes much more sense than a closed network to a single automaker.

Glad Chargepoint will be using a 350kW charger instead of their current 62.5/84kW chargers.

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
This is great news, the more chargers out there the easier it will become for all of us. Super bummed they are already cutting off the free RAN, there isn’t one close enough to have even gotten to try it.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Mercedes partnering with ChargePoint should be good. I've found the ChargePoint units to be reliable and consistently deliver the power output they're supposed to even though all the ones I've stopped at have been 50kW units. Unlike EA's complete garbage that rarely works as it should. If ChargePoint can accomplish the same with their 350kW chargers, they'll do well.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I bet Mercedes gets this done quicker than Rivian does who had over a years head start. Rivian need to show some urgency with the RAN, opening service centers and opening hubs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Interesting that Mercedes is frustrated with EA as well…

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Interesting that Mercedes is frustrated with EA as well…

EA seems serious about building more chargers and after that they don't seem to care about maintenance. I haven't had any experience with the higher powered chargepoint units, but if they are as reliable as their 50 kw ones, it should be a vast improvement.

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
I always have a good chuckle when I see how miserable EQS drivers/passengers look when charging at an EA station. Walmart parking lot, next to a dumpster, across from a Nissan Leaf. Clearly not the luxury experience they thought they were buying!
Sponsored