Sponsored

Memory Seats for multiple driver profiles?

bsaik

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Land Rover RR Sport, R1T reservation holder
It has no way of knowing which phone is in the driver seat if multiple phones are in the car.

It feels like it gets it wrong nearly 100% of the time , but that's probably just because you only notice it when it guesses wrong.

It is probably whichever phone/key it sees first.
I’m having the same challenge with multiple drivers. Also, it seems that if I get in and start driving with my wife’s profile selected by the truck it will let me change the profile back to me on the screen but it won’t reapply my seat and mirror settings.

It’s probably a safety thing but I need to experiment with this more. I’ve only had the truck for a couple days. (BTW - It is excellent in so many ways!!!)`
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

My R1T always seems to default to my wife’s settings. I guess it is correct 100% of the time, even though I am the primary driver.

The only time it works right for me is if my wife is nowhere to be found and I was the last driver. For example, in the morning, when I go to work, the truck thinks she is the driver. I change it to me and drive to work. Coming home, it knows it is me. If my wife is home and I end up going back out, the truck thinks it’s her again.

I guess Alexa sides with women on this one. I don’t really need another wife in my life.

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I’m having the same challenge with multiple drivers. Also, it seems that if I get in and start driving with my wife’s profile selected by the truck it will let me change the profile back to me on the screen but it won’t reapply my seat and mirror settings.

It’s probably a safety thing but I need to experiment with this more. I’ve only had the truck for a couple days. (BTW - It is excellent in so many ways!!!)`

I can’t get the seats to reset to me either once I change the profile from my Wife’s. The mirrors change though.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I can’t get the seats to reset to me either once I change the profile from my Wife’s. The mirrors change though.
Do an infotainment reset and try again.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
My R1T always seems to default to my wife’s settings. I guess it is correct 100% of the time, even though I am the primary driver.

The only time it works right for me is if my wife is nowhere to be found and I was the last driver. For example, in the morning, when I go to work, the truck thinks she is the driver. I change it to me and drive to work. Coming home, it knows it is me. If my wife is home and I end up going back out, the truck thinks it’s her again.

I guess Alexa sides with women on this one. I don’t really need another wife in my life.

Me too. It’s a bug.

Right? Right??

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Me too. It’s a bug.

Right? Right??
If they fix this bug, then my wife may start complaining that the seat memory isn’t working!

I may be OK living with this. Unfortunately, my wife is much shorter than I so when the seat is in her position, I literally cannot get into the truck.

Maybe Rivian could add that to the app?

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
day two of ownership and we are having the same issue once We set up my wife’s phone as a key. The truck defaults to her profile but I am primary. The trick to get your settings back is put the truck in park, choose your wife’s profile, then choose your profile.

jewwithguitar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Having this same issue as others. It keeps defaulting to my wife’s seat settings (and bluetooth connection) when both of us are in the car-even if I get near the car before her, it will preferentially go to her settings. Very, very annoying. Anyone aware of a fix in the works?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
This is what is happening for us, mirrors change, seats don't. Doesn't make any sense.
They may need calibrated (similar to the windows, not sure if they can walk you through this).

Sponsored

dementor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine too - my wife is a full foot shorter than me and so far this is the only thing in the R1 that feels like a downgrade from my Tesla.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
"Mine too" refers to what exactly?

My seat and mirror settings are linked to my profile, and adjust for whoever unlocked the car. You can always switch profiles from the screen if the Rivian picks the wrong one. This is how it was designed to work, and this is how it does work for me. We don't use our phones as keys.

Using a phone as a key adds a complication because a phone can unlock the Rivian from a variable distance, depending on type of phone, orientation of phone, direction of approach, etc. So even if you're the only person getting into the car while your wife is still in the house, it could be her phone unlocking the vehicle. Likewise when you're both walking up to the car.

If this doesn't work for you contact Customer Support and they can talk you through a reset. I would try disabling the Paak feature first to see if that's the real problem.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I had the same issue. Got so tired of it I decided a good work around is just to make her phone be “me”. Her phone is logged into my account and is an additional key under my name. If we want to switch profiles for the seats and mirrors then we just click on the name manually in the truck. Much better than hitting it back to the correct one when the truck always got it wrong. Haven’t had an issue since.
Sponsored