electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
'22 R1T VIN 2xx, '19 Model 3, '70 Blazer
Exciting news to share. Per my post here, I am proud to provide you all with an update regarding performance rock sliders from Megawatt™, which will be available at Electruck4x4.com!

The team has been working tirelessly over the past few months to bring together race-proven designs and trail-tested construction and adapt them to the already capable R1T. What we've arrived at is a no compromise, tough as nails solution that is a rock slider first with the added benefit of being a full length running board step. Given the weight of the R1 platform, we thought this approach was absolutely critical to ensure reliable protection of a ~7100lb, ~$100,000 truck.

The performance rock slider from Megawatt™ will be the only rock slider on the market that incorporates .188" main rail protection with a stylish, yet highly functional kick-out. It will also be the only rail to incorporate a hybrid mounting configuration that utilizes direct-to-frame mounting (no standoffs) with a unique bracketing system for added roll support.

These units will be priced at $1500 a pair with a 15% discount going to all pre-order holders. We anticipate final production of initial units to occur on January 31st. I didn't want to photoshop anything. So, I will post additional photos in the next week or so. In the meantime, teaser shots and current specifications are as follows:

Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com CEE77E97-585A-47BE-8172-6DD847E12F7A.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com Rivian Step 1

Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com IMG_1166

(Image notes: Final design will include more rub rail supports and a step plate)

Highlights:
  • Full-length vehicle coverage
  • Laser cut, welded step-plate for convenient vehicle access
  • Integrated rear kick-out
  • Powder coated in texturized flat black for maximum grip, abrasion resistance, durability, and rust resistance.
  • End-to-end rub rail to main rail tie-in for maximum rigidity
  • Boxed ends add strength and prevents debris accumulation
  • 100% made USA by expert fabricators.
  • Precision TIG welded (no MIG welding) for superior welds

Specifications
  • 100% DOM heavy wall steel
  • Main slider:
    • 2" diameter box steel
    • .188" thickness
  • Rub rail:
    • Heavy wall 1.75" diameter tube steel
  • Mounting brackets:
    • .125" plate steel
  • Weight: About as much as an extra adult passenger. (Exact weight figures will be available within the next week or two).

What is Megawatt™?
Megawatt™ is a line of performance products built just for electric trucks and SUVs. Available exclusively at Electruck4x4.com, our accessories are designed by owners. As such, what you can expect are thoughtfully designed, high-quality parts and tools that are built to last and enrich the ownership experience.
Sponsored

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Looking forward to viewing the R&D progress turn production!

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Thanks for working on this! I'm always excited to see the aftermarket unfold for new vehicles, it's a sign of good things to come.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Next stop....Moab!!!!

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That's certainly looking closer to what I expect for a true rock slider. Will be watching!

Sponsored

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Exciting news to share. Per my post here, I am proud to provide you all with an update regarding performance rock sliders from Megawatt™, which will be available at Electruck4x4.com!

The team has been working tirelessly over the past few months to bring together race-proven designs and trail-tested construction and adapt them to the already capable R1T. What we've arrived at is a no compromise, tough as nails solution that is a rock slider first with the added benefit of being a full length running board step. Given the weight of the R1 platform, we thought this approach was absolutely critical to ensure reliable protection of a ~7100lb, ~$100,000 truck.

The performance rock slider from Megawatt™ will be the only rock slider on the market that incorporates .188" main rail protection with a stylish, yet highly functional kick-out. It will also be the only rail to incorporate a hybrid mounting configuration that utilizes direct-to-frame mounting (no standoffs) with a unique bracketing system for added roll support.

These units will be priced at $1500 a pair with a 15% discount going to all pre-order holders. We anticipate final production of initial units to occur on January 31st. I didn't want to photoshop anything. So, I will post additional photos in the next week or so. In the meantime, teaser shots and current specifications are as follows:

CEE77E97-585A-47BE-8172-6DD847E12F7A.JPG
IMG_1166.jpg

(Image notes: Final design will include more rub rail supports and a step plate)

Highlights:
  • Full-length vehicle coverage
  • Laser cut, welded step-plate for convenient vehicle access
  • Integrated rear kick-out
  • Powder coated in texturized flat black for maximum grip, abrasion resistance, durability, and rust resistance.
  • End-to-end rub rail to main rail tie-in for maximum rigidity
  • Boxed ends add strength and prevents debris accumulation
  • 100% made USA by expert fabricators.
  • Precision TIG welded (no MIG welding) for superior welds

Specifications
  • 100% DOM heavy wall steel
  • Main slider:
    • 2" diameter box steel
    • .188" thickness
  • Rub rail:
    • Heavy wall 1.75" diameter tube steel
  • Mounting brackets:
    • .125" plate steel
  • Weight: About as much as an extra adult passenger. (Exact weight figures will be available within the next week or two).

What is Megawatt™?
Megawatt™ is a line of performance products built just for electric trucks and SUVs. Available exclusively at Electruck4x4.com, our accessories are designed by owners. As such, what you can expect are thoughtfully designed, high-quality parts and tools that are built to last and enrich the ownership experience.

I look forward to seeing the final solution it looks beefy. Will you have actual performance videos of them in action?

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
I look forward to seeing the final solution it looks beefy. Will you have actual performance videos of them in action?
They're definitely the most robust thing out there for these trucks. They should be though, as they were benchmarked on sliders for trucks of similar weight.

I'll be posting some of the requisite color-shaded CAD images that show our simulations. That said, we definitely plan to take/post real world testing media ASAP.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
From your photos I can say I like how beefy they are!

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Watching

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Some of the same questions we've seen asked in the other running board / sliders thread...
  • How much does each side weigh?
  • How much clearance do they take away from the vehicle?
  • Will the sliders (outer edge) be capable of supporting the vehicle on a pivot?
  • Are the welds visible (from the top side)?
  • Will there be any pressed or cut-out patterns on the running board?
  • Will there be exposed bolts on the running board?
  • Will the mounting brackets incorporate the factory panels (e.g. with cut-outs for the brackets), or will they need to be removed completely?
Appreciate your efforts to provide us with plenty of information from the get-go. I expect you're probably feeling pressure to get something out there ASAP to be competitive; imho the best thing you can do right now is a) provide as much transparency as possible (while acknowledging that designs can and often do change), and b) underpromise / overdeliver. There are a lot of us anxious to get our hands on some quality running boards / sliders, but it's been mildly frustrating to get answers in a way that don't feel like we're being strung along.

P.S. go #teamblue 💙

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Thanks for the questions. I'm happy to answer everything as best I can. Please see my responses inline below.
  • How much does each side weigh? We're still putting the finishing touches on the design. At this point if I had to throw a number out that I'm sure I'll regret because of its inaccuracy, I'd estimate ~120 lbs per side. This not unheard of for high-performance sliders that support vehicles of this weight. Think of it like brining an extra buddy along. However instead of taking up space, he saves you thousands in body repairs :).

• How much clearance do they take away from the vehicle? We need to get them back on the vehicle, but I would estimate about .5".

• Will the sliders (outer edge) be capable of supporting the vehicle on a pivot?
    100%. This is a non-negotiable.
  • Are the welds visible (from the top side)?

• Will there be any pressed or cut-out patterns on the running board?
    Yes, we took the styling cues from the the headlights and door handles. They are big enough to clear debris, but small enough to not catch things like pet toes. See the following:

Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com Rivian Step 1

• Will there be exposed bolts on the running board?
    No

• Will the mounting brackets incorporate the factory panels (e.g. with cut-outs for the brackets), or will they need to be removed completely?
    The plastics will need to remain off.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there is anymore info I can provide and I will answer to the best of my ability.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Will the mounting brackets incorporate the factory panels (e.g. with cut-outs for the brackets), or will they need to be removed completely?
The plastics will need to remain off.
Will it work with the reinforced underbody shield (RUS)?
Sponsored