First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian 11T
Occupation
Real Estate & Engineer
@electruck4x4 any update? I’m trying to hold out for your product but I’ve been a preorder holder of this and the Maxx Sliders from EV Sportline and I’m considering taking delivery of their unit since it’s shipping and has pretty continuous plate coverage underneath to keep muck out of the undercarriage
Sponsored

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
'22 R1T VIN 2xx, '19 Model 3, '70 Blazer
@electruck4x4 any update? I’m trying to hold out for your product but I’ve been a preorder holder of this and the Maxx Sliders from EV Sportline and I’m considering taking delivery of their unit since it’s shipping and has pretty continuous plate coverage underneath to keep muck out of the undercarriage
Apologies for the silence. I’ve been meaning to send an update. We’ve begun initial pilot production, but are taking a measured approach. Having been around these trucks throughout their development, there are a number of nuances that are unique to them. We are taking a measured approach to ensure quality, vs over-promising or rushing to cash-in. As of right now, we are waiting on our next, much larger batch of parts to come back from our laser and powder coating partners.

The good news is we received a TON of great feedback from folks who saw both options side by side out at King of Hammers. Even better, i can confirm there are several options that will be available - from both us and another manufacturer - that will cover the midsection.

I’ll be sending out additional info to order holders including shipping estimates shortly. (We got some great deals). As always, I’m an open book here. So, please don’t hesitate to ping me here, via email, chat, phone, etc in the meantime and I’ll be happy to provide hands on support and updates. In the meantime, thanks for your continued trust, support, and patience!

-Brenton

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Anything new on this? Been a couple of weeks since last update.
Hey Jose!

Did you get the email update I sent to you last week? Per that update, we're still trucking along. Pilot production has begun and the first small run of parts is at powder coating. They'll be back in 7-10 days. Below is a sample subset of that run.

Batch production parts are also at laser and should be back next week. We'll be ramping up production from there as those parts follow a similar, albeit faster, flow from fabrication to powder, and ultimately your doorstep.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Brenton

Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com IMG_0469 copy

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
@electruck4x4 Does / will your design allow immediate unfettered access to the jack points?

That’s important to me due to having Discount Tire rotate tires 3-4x times per year (like I do on my Tesla, 20k+ miles per year), and who knows how many times I’ll need Rivian Service to lift the vehicle.

1EV’s / DCE’s / Weistec’s versions have provided self-installation instructions. Are you able to do so? Similar instructions?

I’ve signed up on your website to receive email notice when this product is available for my R1S.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jrgutier

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

@electruck4x4 Does / will your design allow immediate unfettered access to the jack points?

That’s important to me due to having Discount Tire rotate tires 3-4x times per year (like I do on my Tesla, 20k+ miles per year), and who knows how many times I’ll need Rivian Service to lift the vehicle.

1EV’s / DCE’s / Weistec’s versions have provided self-installation instructions. Are you able to do so? Similar instructions?

I’ve signed up on your website to receive email notice when this product is available for my R1S.
I imagine you can jack anywhere on the slider, probably in the middle.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I imagine you can jack anywhere on the slider, probably in the middle.
Issue is will Discount Tire lift it to rotate tires only via the jack points, or the Rivian Service Center, due to liability reasons … forcing me to remove these sliders before I take it in.

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles

Hi Brent,

We will be issuing full step by step instructions.

Also, yes, all 4 jack points are still accessible.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
The good news is we received a TON of great feedback from folks who saw both options side by side out at King of Hammers. Even better, i can confirm there are several options that will be available - from both us and another manufacturer - that will cover the midsection.
Hello! I believe the above quote is about modifications to the design so that the area previously covered by plastic panels remains covered. Do you have any additional info or details about this?

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Hello! I believe the above quote is about modifications to the design so that the area previously covered by plastic panels remains covered. Do you have any additional info or details about this?
Hey there, we won’t be redesigning the sliders, but will be offering a separate skid plate to cover the mid section.

We feel any skid plates should be separate from the slider itself. Each of these are essentially sacrificial parts that are designed to absorb damage so your vehicle does not. The more permanently they are fused together, the more costly and difficult it becomes to replace the affected component. That is why you don’t see rock sliders welded to skid plates on most rock crawlers or race trucks.

Sponsored

RabidRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 03 S2K
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hey there, we won’t be redesigning the sliders, but will be offering a separate skid plate to cover the mid section.

We feel any skid plates should be separate from the slider itself. Each of these are essentially sacrificial parts that are designed to absorb damage so your vehicle does not. The more permanently they are fused together, the more costly and difficult it becomes to replace the affected component. That is why you don’t see rock sliders welded to skid plates on most rock crawlers or race trucks.
Any thoughts on whether the skid plate will be compatible with factory RUS, or if it would require removal of that?

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Any thoughts on whether the skid plate will be compatible with factory RUS, or if it would require removal of that?
It will absolutely be RUS compatible. It will just cover the gap between the battery tray and slider, similar to how the plastics do.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi Brent,

We will be issuing full step by step instructions.

Also, yes, all 4 jack points are still accessible.
@electruck4x4 Late last night, I received the automated email notification that R1S sliders are now available. Within that email, the Buy Now link works fine, but the View Product link results in a 404 Page Not Found error … and that product / page is not on your website anymore. Is the page being updated? I’d like to see photos of how the design differs on the R1S due to the shorter wheelbase, e.g. does it protrude more from the vehicle toward the back of the vehicle, like the R1T design?

Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com 5F8E6A4A-B9B1-4518-98E1-58CD8AEE5B99

Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com 815FB387-BBEF-4002-A22B-603E7B44D83E

Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com 5BECF061-83D9-4002-9EBB-6DAE41261C75

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
@electruck4x4 Late last night, I received the automated email notification that R1S sliders are now available. Within that email, the Buy Now link works fine, but the View Product link results in a 404 Page Not Found error … and that product / page is not on your website anymore. Is the page being updated? I’d like to see photos of how the design differs on the R1S due to the shorter wheelbase, e.g. does it protrude more from the vehicle toward the back of the vehicle, like the R1T design?

5F8E6A4A-B9B1-4518-98E1-58CD8AEE5B99.jpeg

815FB387-BBEF-4002-A22B-603E7B44D83E.jpeg

5BECF061-83D9-4002-9EBB-6DAE41261C75.jpeg
Hey @BrentInCO

Sorry about that. You weren't supposed to be awake at that time! (Our system also wasn't supposed to fire off that notification). We are in the process of integrating our freight provider for the rock sliders and the R1S sliders erroneously went live.

They are still on the roadmap but aren't ready at this time. We want to avoid over-promising and also ensure timely delivery of the existing R1T sliders (and skid plate) before increasing scope. I'll reach out to you separately via email and we can sort out the order above. We'll then keep you informed once we have a better idea regarding R1S timing.
Sponsored