carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, VW Atlas, Volvo V60 Polestar
Clubs

Yes! Know anyone in Arizona with an R1S?
I'm in North Phoenix and we'll be getting our R1S in the next few weeks. Definitely interested in sliders!
Sponsored

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
'22 R1T VIN 2xx, '19 Model 3, '70 Blazer
I'm in North Phoenix and we'll be getting our R1S in the next few weeks. Definitely interested in sliders!
That’s great and congrats! I’ll shoot you a note and we can work something out.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
@electruck4x4 how long is the preorder pricing available for. til 1/31?

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
What is the outside width dimension? I carry my R1T on a trailer with a width limit of 80 inches from ground level to 10 1/2 inches high. It barely fits at tire width as it is.
At the front the rails stick out about 3” past the door and in the rear it’s about 4”.

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Nice design. I've built various sets of sliders for my vehicles as well. Some ready for rock crawling and some just for light wheeling and made to look like stock step rails. It's definitely a compromise in direction but always better than step rails that are a liability off road. Usually using the pinch weld to support vehicle weight with standoffs from the frame.

Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com 2011-04-26_18-53-31_91

Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com DSC04089.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com 108-0849_IMG.JPG

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Fun video - longer version would be more fun!

Re issues, I suppose it all depends how each would define “issues”…

Maybe a different set of questions - Did you notice an increase in wind/road noise at highway speeds after installing the sliders? Hits to range/efficiency? Pictures of the underside of your truck that has had these on for six months?
Sorry about the delayed response, @jebinc . Here are the two sides of the truck, one that has been covered and one that hasn't been covered for the past six months. After rain, snow, and deep mud, they're both relatively similar in terms of dirt, since the covered side isn't waterproof and the exposed side is much easier to wash.

It's worth noting I did run through some muddy water on my way in this morning and didn't wash it off. These photos also show the frame rail mounting points and the aforementioned torx bolts that necessitate the holes in the top of the slider.

Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com IMG_1127.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com IMG_1125.JPG

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Sorry about the delayed response, @jebinc . Here are the two sides of the truck, one that has been covered and one that hasn't been covered for the past six months. After rain, snow, and deep mud, they're both relatively similar in terms of dirt, since the covered side isn't waterproof and the exposed side is much easier to wash.

It's worth noting I did run through some muddy water on my way in this morning and didn't wash it off. These photos also show the frame rail mounting points and the aforementioned torx bolts that necessitate the holes in the top of the slider.

IMG_1127.JPG
IMG_1125.JPG
Many thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Hey Everyone, I thought I'd provide you with a quick update regarding our performance rock sliders from Megawatt™. A full breakdown can be found on our blog, here. However, for anyone wanting the Cliff's Notes version, here's what's new:
  • Finalized and attached main rail support brackets
  • Added cross-bar gussets for torsional rigidity and side impact strength
  • Added a rear cut-outs to accommodate seams along the frame rail
  • Boxed a front taper that is needed to clear frame hardware
  • Replaced rectangular front and rear supports with tube steel
Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com IMG_1168
Rivian R1T R1S Megawatt™ Rock Sliders for R1T. Coming soon to Electruck4x4.com IMG_1136

What's left to do:
  • Weld on the top step plate
  • Replace all milled components will laser cut pieces
  • Minor adjustments to the gusset length and angle to help avoid hang-ups
  • Capping the front and rear of the rub rail
  • Angling the front end of the main slide rail
  • Adding a riveted nameplate
  • Powder coat
Timing:

At this time, we are still on track to complete fabrication of the first final units on January 31st. Products will then take about a week to powder coat. We estimate the first finished units to be finished and ready to leave the dock by February 14th.

Pricing:

We’ve received an overwhelming response to our initial pre-orders, but ongoing development changes have resulted in slight increases in material and labor costs. We fully intend to follow through on our commitment to pre-order pricing through January 31st. That said, it is more than likely that the un-discounted price will increase by a few hundred dollars from there.

While we’d like to keep these rock sliders as affordable as possible, we feel it is equally important that we stick to our values of delivering the highest quality, made in America units possible. We appreciate your understanding and can’t wait to get these amazing rock sliders in your hands and on your R1T!

Last edited:

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Hey Everyone, I thought I'd provide you with a quick update regarding our performance rock sliders from Megawatt™. A full breakdown can be found on our blog, here. However, for anyone wanting the Cliff's Notes version, here's what's new:
I hate, hate, hate the expressions, but... Those are sick!

Sponsored

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

Thanks for the update, these look great! I just joined the pre-order.

Just to make sure, the pre-order is fully refundable, correct?

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Thanks for the update, these look great! I just joined the pre-order.

Just to make sure, the pre-order is fully refundable, correct?
Yes. Fully refundable. I’ll be sending out shipping quotes asap. If you don’t like them, don’t like the design, or just don’t feel like ordering anymore, I’ll issue a refund. In the meantime though, thanks for being a customer!

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Any chance you can do a local installation in Phoenix, AZ? Sounds like some of your team in in the area.

Also, would you be able to provide an estimate on the range impact of these?

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Any chance you can do a local installation in Phoenix, AZ? Sounds like some of your team in in the area.

Also, would you be able to provide an estimate on the range impact of these?
I could arrange pickup, but not installation. That said, they’re pretty straightforward.

If I had to guess, I’d estimate the range impact to be similar to that of carrying one large or two medium sized passengers.
Sponsored

Last edited: