electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
'22 R1T VIN 2xx, '19 Model 3, '70 Blazer
Just a quick update that I've posted another update. Let me know if you have any questions!
Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Any further news, eta for R1S availability?
I'd expect engineering to begin in a few weeks and would imagine the process should be pretty quick, given the similarity between the two vehicles.

We are still working on chewing through the R1T backlog and introducing the belly pan/dust cover there first. We're a small shop and the fabrication process takes time, given the attention to detail and the choice of TIG vs MIG welding. (The difference in quality is noticeable though).

Anyway, since the two products will utilize the same resources, I don't feel comfortable introducing additional load until we are well on our way to delivering on our existing commitments. I'll keep you posted though and can't wait to get your R1S outfitted. Trust me, it will be worth the wait!

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Any updates?
Hey @strykerwsu ,

the first few units are in customer hands. We are slowly starting to dig into our backlog in small batches, but the ramp up is taking longer than expected. Please feel free to ping me at [email protected] if you have any questions about a specific order. Im happy to answer any other general questions here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Hey @strykerwsu ,

the first few units are in customer hands. We are slowly starting to dig into our backlog in small batches, but the ramp up is taking longer than expected. Please feel free to ping me at [email protected] if you have any questions about a specific order. Im happy to answer any other general questions here.
Thank you for update. Will do. I was surprised I haven't seen any installs shown on here, but doesn't mean I missed the update or in a other thread.

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Thank you for update. Will do. I was surprised I haven't seen any installs shown on here, but doesn't mean I missed the update or in a other thread.
No problem. You will probably start to see some soon. I will also write a more comprehensive update and post it to our blog so as to better set expectations for the ramp since it is happening much slower than anticipated.

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Following up here. I want to ensure I am not sugar-coating things and be as open and transparent as possible. To that end please find a full breakdown of what "longer than expected" means here.

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Our first production run was fairly limited and fit only very early VINs. Those units have almost all shipped and have been met with extremely positive feedback!

All orders going forward will utilize a newer design, which is visually identical once mounted and equally as strong as the original. It is design complete and will enter pilot production within the next week or so.

The need to update the design set us back about 6 weeks. We received a pretty significant number of orders during our original pre-order and are working our way through that backlog. New orders are expected to start production about 10-12 weeks after their order date. They then take about 2-3 weeks to build, coat, and ship.

We will be making sliders for the R1S as well as a removable belly pan for folks who wish to cover the remaining area formerly "protected" by the factory plastics. I don't have timing on those yet, as we are 100% focused on R1T slider development and production. I will post more info there as soon as it is available.

We are working to ramp up, but doing so judiciously. Please feel free to ping me directly with any questions regarding specific orders. Thanks as always for your trust and patience in the meantime!

Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
Our first production run was fairly limited and fit only very early VINs. Those units have almost all shipped and have been met with extremely positive feedback!

All orders going forward will utilize a newer design, which is visually identical once mounted and equally as strong as the original. It is design complete and will enter pilot production within the next week or so.

The need to update the design set us back about 6 weeks. We received a pretty significant number of orders during our original pre-order and are working our way through that backlog. New orders are expected to start production about 10-12 weeks after their order date. They then take about 2-3 weeks to build, coat, and ship.

We will be making sliders for the R1S as well as a removable belly pan for folks who wish to cover the remaining area formerly "protected" by the factory plastics. I don't have timing on those yet, as we are 100% focused on R1T slider development and production. I will post more info there as soon as it is available.

We are working to ramp up, but doing so judiciously. Please feel free to ping me directly with any questions regarding specific orders. Thanks as always for your trust and patience in the meantime!
Any news this month?

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Hey @BrentInCO , we are finally producing the new design variant. Start of production was delayed about 3-4 weeks beyond what was projected above due to an abundance of caution with the fitment process and material delays. Nevertheless, the first units of this new design are finally in powder and will ship within the next 7-10 days. Another batch is lined up at laser and should come in for assembly in a about the same time frame. We will then begin placing larger laser orders and scale production from there.

I realize these delays are not a great experience for anyone involved. We are doing everything possible to speed things up without impacting quality as we are just as anxious to get these products in your hands as you are. We appreciate your patience as we continue to grind through this process. As always, we’re here and more than happy to help via email with any other questions related to specific orders.

eRacer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hello Electruck team. Just curious if you had any updates with the production. I'm still eagerly and patiently waiting.

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Hello Electruck team. Just curious if you had any updates with the production. I'm still eagerly and patiently waiting.
Hey Eric! We are back up with the new design and beginning to ramp back up. Our current order fulfillment times are about 14-16 weeks from the date you place your order. We hope to improve on that, but doing so is difficult since these are essentially bespoke TIG welded pieces, as opposed to being mass manufactured in bulk.

I'll ping you directly as we get closer to your production date. In the meantime though, feel free to email me at any time with questions about your specific order, other products you're looking for, or if there is anything else I can do to help you get more out of your truck. (I hope that shade is working out alright for you)!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hey Eric! We are back up with the new design and beginning to ramp back up. Our current order fulfillment times are about 14-16 weeks from the date you place your order. We hope to improve on that, but doing so is difficult since these are essentially bespoke TIG welded pieces, as opposed to being mass manufactured in bulk.

I'll ping you directly as we get closer to your production date. In the meantime though, feel free to email me at any time with questions about your specific order, other products you're looking for, or if there is anything else I can do to help you get more out of your truck. (I hope that shade is working out alright for you)!
Building on this, I know a few people who have received their sliders who ordered early, so I can confirm they are shipping and look great.
Sponsored