Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

I got the same error after picking up my truck. It was loose connectors that they cleaned and reattached and I never saw the error again. Hopefully they will get you in sooner, mine was a quick fix.
Wonder how easy those connectors are to get to, as in, can I do it myself #impatient
Sponsored

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Wonder how easy those connectors are to get to, as in, can I do it myself #impatient
Another user on this forum had their connector separate and plugged it back in to fix the issue. Some of the connectors are visible and easily accessible under the truck behind the wheel. I let Rivian do their magic, but it sounds like others have fixed it themselves.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Final update for the 10/22/22 off-road Emerald City Rivian Club event!

Please read this entire post if you're planning on attending the off-roading event this Saturday at 10:00 am.

I'm excited to meet everyone in person in just a couple days! It's the final weekend of the year where we have a chance to off-road before next spring so the event is still on even with weather conditions. If there is snow at the trailhead it means the mountain tops are much worse and we will cancel the off-road event and pivot to just a meet-and-greet instead.

Please comment with total number of people so we can get an accurate headcount.

Weather: it's going to be classic PNW with a cold and rainy forecast! It is highly likely we will encounter light to moderate snow and flurries since the trail goes up to 5,400 feet with snow possibly starting at 4,000 feet. If you're uncomfortable driving in snow or off-road, please skip this event and join us for a meet-and-greet in November!

Location: meet at Crystal Springs Sno-Park off I-90 and Kachess Lake Road. We will traverse Stampede Pass and part ways near Greenwater, WA. There is construction the final two miles of I-90 before our exit. Please take this delay into account when planning your trip.

Roundtrip from downtown Seattle is ~170 miles. Cold weather, elevation change, and off-road will impact range. See "charge level" below.

Time: 10:00 am arrival, 10:30 am hit the trail. If you arrive after 10:30, you can head directly to the trial to catch up. The trail link is below. You can text or call me at (602) 418-0881 if you're running behind, but service is extremely spotty so I might not get your message. Aim to arrive at 10:00 am. We should be in Greenwater by 2:00 pm including a snack break assuming no breakdowns or tire changes. Greenwater back to Seattle takes 1.25-1.75 hours.

Charge Level: please charge to 100% (from downtown Seattle) and arrive at Crystal Springs with 60-70% remaining. There is an EA station in North Bend if you need to charge up in order to arrive at the trailhead with 60-70% remaining. I did this trail a few weeks ago starting and ending from the Costco in Federal way and had 35% remaining when I arrived back at Costco. Cold weather will have a bigger impact on range. There is an EA station at the Auburn Outlet Collection if you can't make it back to Seattle.

Food: water, instant coffee, hot cocoa, and light snacks (chips, cookies, and trail mix) will be provided at no cost! We will stop near the top of the mountain (light snow likely) for a snack break. Please bring anything else you'd like for lunch.

Attire: cold weather and rain clothing

Equipment: as always, please be prepared with some basic equipment like a spare tire and backup food and water. We never know what will happen on the trail. Recovery equipment shouldn't normally be necessary for this trail as it's rated a 2/10 but with the addition of rain and light snow, it might be needed. I have the basics for those without equipment. We will be airing down to Rivian's recommendations.
  • 20" tires: there shouldn't be much to worry about
  • 21/22" tires: both sizes are M+S rated, but not 3-peak snow rated. The forecast is only showing light to moderate snow but of course there is always an assumed risk with all tire sizes. There were some rocky sections on the trail but nothing that any of the tires can't normally handle.
Liability and Damage: with any off-road event, there is a natural risk of trail damage. I did this trail and didn't have any damage, but flat tires, pinstripes, any and all damage and risk is always possible. For all off-road events hosted by Emerald City Rivian Club, signature of a Liability Waiver is required. We will have this waiver on-site at the trailhead. Please attend our meet-and-greet in November if you're not comfortable signing a standard liability waiver.

We're so excited for our first gathering! Don't hesitate to comment or direct message me with any questions.

See you soon!

onXoffroad trail link:
https://webmap.onxmaps.com/offroad/map/query/47.19242,-121.40251,12.23/overview?mode=dirt
Good luck everyone!
My maybe is a no after seeing the forecast for nearby Chinook Pass elevation 4496.
I have no issue driving on snow just not on gravel off camber roads covered in snow with new truck.
Rivian R1T R1S Meet-and-greet (Bellevue, WA) - October 22 - SEE NEW POSTS! 1666304367151

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Good luck everyone!
My maybe is a no after seeing the forecast for nearby Chinook Pass elevation 4496.
I have no issue driving on snow just not on gravel off camber roads covered in snow with new truck.
1666304367151.jpeg
A future recommendation for a winter trip in the Capitial Forest near Olympia.

OP
OP
dmc94

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

Good luck everyone!
1666304367151.jpeg
Where are you getting this report? It’s much worse than others I’ve seen with less than an inch of snow. I’ll cancel and pivot if it’s really up to 3” Friday with more on Saturday. I also don’t want to drive in potentially 5” on a cliff side.

Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Where are you getting this report? It’s much worse than others I’ve seen with less than an inch of snow. I’ll cancel and pivot if it’s really up to 3” Friday with more on Saturday. I also don’t want to drive in potentially 5” on a cliff side.
National weather Service
7-Day Forecast 46.93N 121.49W (weather.gov)

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
OP
OP
dmc94

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

We are pivoting to a meet-and-greet this Saturday the 22nd in Bellevue, WA.

This event is open to all, whether you're a Rivian owner or you have one on order and want to check them out in person. Come hang out, see some trucks (and hopefully SUV's) and build the local community.

This is replacing the off-road event originally scheduled which has been cancelled due to weather. It's too risky off-roading on that much snow right next to steep cliffs.

Time: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm

Location: Bellevue Square West Garage. Level 3 (not the roof) at the very south end. Northeast corner of 100th Ave NE and NE 4th St.

Hope to see everyone there!

Google Maps link
Sponsored