Sponsored

Measurement from bed floor to roof of the cabin of R1T?

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
I know it's an odd request, but does anyone know the measurement from the floor of the bed to the top of the cab? I'm panning a 3000 mile road trip that will have a motorcycle in the bed and I'm trying to see how much it might might be caught in the wind. I have a few bikes and if I can select one that will be lower than the cab, I'm thinking there will be very minimal range impact.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

It’s about 36”. I haven’t measured directly but the top of the spoiler to the top of the bed is about 18” and bed to bottom of the tonneau is 17”. Add in the width of the tonneau and the lip on the bed and you get just above 36”

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s about 36”. I haven’t measured directly but the top of the spoiler to the top of the bed is about 18” and bed to bottom of the tonneau is 17”. Add in the width of the tonneau and the lip on the bed and you get just above 36”
Oh, wow, ok thanks. That's WAY less than I was anticipating.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Oh, wow, ok thanks. That's WAY less than I was anticipating.
For what it’s worth I wouldn’t worry about the efficiency hit from a bike or two mounted over the bed. Ive driven mine with a bike on the bed rack (fork mounted) and an awning and a road shower on the roof rack. I drove that way on a long road trip through Canada.

Rivian R1T R1S Measurement from bed floor to roof of the cabin of R1T? 8BFEFE1C-9526-4A78-A213-9A81704343BC

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For what it’s worth I wouldn’t worry about the efficiency hit from a bike or two mounted over the bed. Ive driven mine with a bike on the bed rack (fork mounted) and an awning and a road shower on the roof rack. I drove that way on a long road trip through Canada.

8BFEFE1C-9526-4A78-A213-9A81704343BC.jpeg
Well, it's more about this bike sticking over the top, which would be a good 16"-18" even with the suspension compressed some.

Rivian R1T R1S Measurement from bed floor to roof of the cabin of R1T? 1676248727156
Sponsored