Maxtrax attatchments

mtdibart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Subaru Forester, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Occupation
physician
Has anyone purchased maxtrax directly and used their pins to mount to Rivian crossbars? I was trying to figure out how the pins from Maxtrax site would work without buying some additional mounting hardware.
Certainly I could put them in the gear tunnel too, but I'd love to mount them to the crossbars. Thanks!
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
You’ll need some sort of platecthst attaches to the t-slots in the crosbars. There are several options, not sure which ones will work with the Rivian bars.

OP
OP

mtdibart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
physician
I made these out of 80/20 with a pivot so I can lay them flat or tip them to the angle of the side of the cab.
1658515376271.png

1658515487971.png
This looks awesome. When you get a chance, can you show a close up of the attachments. Did you use the maxtrax pins? I'd love to replicate this. Thanks! PS nice config :)

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

I ordered the Maxtrax and pins together from Maxtrax USA directly. The mounts Rivian show are basically just a plastic part that mounts their pins and has holes/slots to put the cargo bar spacing correctly. The pin spacing on the trax is roughly 4 in further than the spacing. If I was going to keep them flat all the time, I would probably just 3D print the bracket similar to Rivian's version. Just a thought if you maybe plan to keep them flat. I'll go grab a photo of the back. I had taken them off for now because I had to haul some stuff for work. (Don't mind the garbage on the floor :p Guys haven't swept in a couple days.)
Rivian R1T R1S Maxtrax attatchments 1658517254758

Sponsored

OP
OP

mtdibart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
physician
I ordered the Maxtrax and pins together from Maxtrax USA directly. The mounts Rivian show are basically just a plastic part that mounts their pins and has holes/slots to put the cargo bar spacing correctly. The pin spacing on the trax is roughly 4 in further than the spacing. If I was going to keep them flat all the time, I would probably just 3D print the bracket similar to Rivian's version. Just a thought if you maybe plan to keep them flat. I'll go grab a photo of the back. I had taken them off for now because I had to haul some stuff for work. (Don't mind the garbage on the floor :p Guys haven't swept in a couple days.)
1658517254758.png
Thanks!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Seconding that the OE Maxtrax pins aren't even close to working out with the Rivian crossbars. I have yet to come up with a solution for it, but shouldn't take that long.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Any idea when Rivian will release theirs? They're in the Gear Shop as "Coming Soon". I'm thinking I should buy these (both boards + mounts) as I plan on going on the sand.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian has these for sale on the gear shop now, just ordered mine!

Sponsored

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
Me too!
Looks like a lot of adjustability. Should be able to work nicely with the ActionTrax and other boards. (I’ll report back if it doesn’t)

SJaYx2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Seems like this could work in the t slot?

I can confirm these don't work with the Rivian crossbars. The T-bolt is too thick to fit in the slot.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I’m tempted but I already have a bag to keep mine in. It’s easier to transfer them from the Jeep to the truck.

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Tesla Model 3 (Cybertruck on order)
Occupation
Retired
Why spend $130 when a pair of bungee cords will do the job:
Rivian R1T R1S Maxtrax attatchments IMG_6204.JPG

(another bungee on the other end plus a cable lock to deter thieves; too bad the gear guard cable won't work with the tonneau closed)

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
too bad the gear guard cable won't work with the tonneau closed)
but it does! I use it on my crossbar mounted bike with tonneau closed. The cable fits between the rubber seal and the tailgate/bed-side at the corner.
Sponsored