First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Occupation
Engineer
It will be interesting to see what the maximum tire size is that will fit on the R1T - I’m sure as more people take delivery and start off-roading them, someone will experiment with different tires.
The only wheel choice from Rivian that I really like is the 20” dark, but at $3500, I might be better off just taking the free 21” sport wheels, selling them, and putting on something I really like, perhaps with a little more -offset. Also, 285s would be nice, especially if the spare tire compartment can handle a 10mm wider tire.
285/65R20” would be my first choice, if they fit. Should be less than 1/2” larger diameter than the stock off-road tires.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Assuming your preferred 285 even fits, prepare to lose an additional 5-10% in range over the factory 20" setup.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Assuming your preferred 285 even fits, prepare to lose an additional 5-10% in range over the factory 20" setup.
That is a good point.

I too was looking at aftermarket wheels (not so much tires) for the 22".

Anyone else thinking of different 22" wheels?

OP
OP

BenKitesurfs

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Occupation
Engineer
Of course. I put larger tires on my Tacoma and experienced a 10% reduction in range as well, but it’s far less pronounced when off-roading, and the performance benefits off-road are noticeable.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I’ve got 37s on my Jeep. You think they’ll fit on an R1T? ?

Sponsored

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I’ve got 37s on my Jeep. You think they’ll fit on an R1T? ?
Assuming a 4" lift, that puts you at what, about 15" ground clearance?

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
It will be interesting to see what the maximum tire size is that will fit on the R1T - I’m sure as more people take delivery and start off-roading them, someone will experiment with different tires.
The only wheel choice from Rivian that I really like is the 20” dark, but at $3500, I might be better off just taking the free 21” sport wheels, selling them, and putting on something I really like, perhaps with a little more -offset. Also, 285s would be nice, especially if the spare tire compartment can handle a 10mm wider tire.
285/65R20” would be my first choice, if they fit. Should be less than 1/2” larger diameter than the stock off-road tires.
This is exactly the situation I'm considering, though I'd probably keep the 21" wheels for road trips.
Sponsored