Sponsored

Max Packers: Did you get a delivery estimate yet? (Are there even any Max Packers left? :D)

krb1183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G70 3.3T
I'm a max pack quad motor holder since December 2019. Last year my delivery window was pushed to sometime in 2024. January I was told that they were eliminating the quad motor for my configuration and transferring it to dual motor enhanced and a delivery estimate would be released. Yesterday my delivery estimate was updated to March-April 2023. My assumption is it has to be wrong. No specs on those ranges etc, and my configuration still shows max pack quad motor with no option to change to dual motor. So I'm still confused. I'll just keep waiting for more info I guess.
Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Many indications that their information management on the customers side still sucks. Who would have thought that learning business and manufacturing at a university would not have prepared one to run a multi-billion dollar business?

Ironcitijc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Performance DM R1T Max Pack, BMW X3
Occupation
EV Enthusiast
Clubs

I'm an R1T max pack pre-order from May 2021 and my delivery status is still "processing estimate". Honestly based on the last email from Rivian I didn't expect my configuration to be changed until mid-Feb. from Quad to Dual motor and it was never clear (as is usually the case) whether my delivery estimate would update in Feb. or if it would be updated during the next "scheduled" update in April.

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Early 2019 quad max pack holder here (in Canada).
  • No email
  • My account still says "Processing estimate"
  • Still shows a quad max pack configuration (I expected to be forced to a dual max)
  • Now showing CAD pricing of some sort
  • My $1000 USD deposit seems to have evaporated and just says $0 CAD deposit (dat inflation)
I'm assuming Rivian still has some manual work left to do to my account.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Early 2019 quad max pack holder here (in Canada).
  • No email
  • My account still says "Processing estimate"
  • Still shows a quad max pack configuration (I expected to be forced to a dual max)
  • Now showing CAD pricing of some sort
  • My $1000 USD deposit seems to have evaporated and just says $0 CAD deposit (dat inflation)
I'm assuming Rivian still has some manual work left to do to my account.
Where are you located?

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Like most everyone else mine has been "Processing Estimate" since the updates yesterday. I have been in contact with a guide since mid-November since they have twice now tried to match me with a large pack R1T that matches my config.

We're seriously contemplating a switch to R1S to replace our model Y since we now have an F-150 Lightning. Just waiting for the official max pack dual-motor changes in our account before we make the final decision...

ThatOneGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I'm a max pack quad motor holder since December 2019. Last year my delivery window was pushed to sometime in 2024. January I was told that they were eliminating the quad motor for my configuration and transferring it to dual motor enhanced and a delivery estimate would be released. Yesterday my delivery estimate was updated to March-April 2023. My assumption is it has to be wrong. No specs on those ranges etc, and my configuration still shows max pack quad motor with no option to change to dual motor. So I'm still confused. I'll just keep waiting for more info I guess.
You should reach out to customer support and ask if they can give you more information on the EPA range, etc. before you take delivery. Because of your unique situation, they might be more inclined to give something other than canned responses and we might be able to gauge what the timeline is based on that response.

OP
OP
elfordon

elfordon

First Name
Elfordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Large Charge Marge (Max Pack R1T)
Occupation
retired
Clubs

My estimate from last year was 1H2023. Then I went crazy and switched to an R1S in November 2022 only to switch back to Max Pack a few weeks later. Haven't had an estimate since then.

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
You should reach out to customer support and ask if they can give you more information on the EPA range, etc. before you take delivery. Because of your unique situation, they might be more inclined to give something other than canned responses and we might be able to gauge what the timeline is based on that response.
Based on my previous interactions, I'm very skeptical. Also there's this 🤣
Rivian R1T R1S Max Packers: Did you get a delivery estimate yet? (Are there even any Max Packers left? :D) 1675269712228

...maybe I'll bug them about my account next week.

Sponsored

OP
OP
elfordon

elfordon

First Name
Elfordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Large Charge Marge (Max Pack R1T)
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I’m a few miles from a service center and got a March-April ‘23 estimate. I never switched my Max Quad to Dual. Nice of them to hurry but I find it very sketchy that they’re estimating delivery 30 days from now yet haven’t released any specific technical info on the Dual Max battery or the EPA rating. I’m planning on switching to Large Quad. I don’t want to beta test Dual for them. Either way, I won’t take delivery until they get the tonneau sorted out. I hope they do so by this summer.
Maybe it's a glitch in the Matrix?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It's in my profile: Victoria, BC. Maybe we'll meet one day! 👋
I was on the mobile version when I asked so it wasn't visible. And that sucks.

My preorder was June 6th 2019, but then in February 2021? they had to do some witchcraft to move my order from the US to Canada. When they did that, they had to cancel my original preorder, refund me the money, then reinstate the preorder. As a sort of thankyou, I was told I wouldn't have to redo a deposit. I've had to dig the email up a couple times with CS as it shows a preorder now of feburary 2021 which has complicated my account my than once.

Perhaps a similar situation is complicating yours?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Based on my previous interactions, I'm very skeptical. Also there's this 🤣
1675269712228.png

...maybe I'll bug them about my account next week.
I was 24 in line this morning, and gave up and am waiting to hear from my newly assigned guide to plan my next steps.

alterbridge86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Yukon, Lincoln Aviator GT
Clubs

I've still got "Processing Estimate", though admittedly I'm in a bit of weird situation.

I was a quad+max holder until the October delivery update. At that time I got the same 2024 window that all us max packer's got, and the email explaining that quad+max was being delayed until 2024 and dual+max would be coming earlier in mid-2023.

Personally I don't need a quad motor setup, so I reconfigured to dual+max that same day (I could because I preordered in March, post-hike, pre-configurator removal for new reservations). Then, January 11 I got the email all quad+max people got indicating that the configurator would be getting updated in Feb, and our orders would be automatically converted to Enhanced dual+max and then we'd get our delivery windows in February. Odd I thought, since I already reconfigured to a dual, but guess I'm still flagged in the system as a quad+max somehow.

Now the January updates are live and I'm in limbo with "processing estimate". Can't explain why some quad+max folks got estimates and some didn't, but the email from Jan 11 did say we'd be getting refreshed delivery windows in "late February" after the configurator and orders are updated, so here's hoping?

Did any of the quad+max folks that got a delivery window get an email as well yesterday? Did it say anything useful or just "hey your window moved up"?