If you don't mind? What's the cost?

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Do they remove the Rivian letters on the back and sides before the wrap?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

i'd rather Stealth PPF over RIvian Blue for similar effect yet enjoying that fancy paint

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Yeah.

The hood ornament is mechanically fixed to the truck.
Brice, actually the hood ornament has two, non-retentive positioning pins/dimples that, contrary to initial thoughts, do not mechanically clip into place. It is affixed via adhesive, and the two dimple positioners are set at odd angles that match the depression in the metal hood to make sure that the top and bottom of the logo are not turned 90 degrees by the installers in the factory. Same thing applies to the R1S logo on C-pillar.

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Brice, actually the hood ornament has two, non-retentive positioning pins/dimples that, contrary to initial thoughts, do not mechanically clip into place. It is affixed via adhesive, and the two dimple positioners are set at odd angles that match the depression in the metal hood to make sure that the top and bottom of the logo are not turned 90 degrees by the installers in the factory. Same thing applies to the R1S logo on C-pillar.
@opnwide Thanks for this info. Given you know these details, I have a question for you:

I'm going to attached an emblem/badge to the lower-right tailgate panel. What's a good adhesive to use?

Ideally, the adhesive is strong enough that the badge/emblem never falls off, but something I could remove if I wanted or needed to.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
@opnwide Thanks for this info. Given you know these details, I have a question for you:

I'm going to attached an emblem/badge to the lower-right tailgate panel. What's a good adhesive to use?

Ideally, the adhesive is strong enough that the badge/emblem never falls off, but something I could remove if I wanted or needed to.
That's slightly above my paygrade for the forums, but I know you can easily find double-sided 3m adhesive tape on amazon if you search for emblem adhesive. When they remove emblems, they use dental floss behind to work off the emblem and a heat gun to soften the adhesive. I'd err less adhesive tape than more unless the badge is valuable to you.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
So this was a stock Rivian Blue with a wrap?

Looks incredible! 😎👍

Last edited:

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
So the s was a stock Rivian Blue with a wrap?

Looks incredible! 😎👍
I was wondering the same - it sounds like the wrap itself is a matte metallic blue color, so I doubt the truck is also Rivian Blue. That would have been a waste of $2.5k! My guess is that it's either GW or LAS.
Sponsored