Jblaze121

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1S 20" A/T
Clubs

Need to get the light bar to do the knight rider red scanner thing!

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Stealth looks amazing on all colors, but Rivian's grey plastic cladding has to go!

Seriously hated it on my old Model S and so happy to see it go.

Rivian needs to ditch the ugly grey trim.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Satin finish and factory PPF with a ceramic overcoat could be a nice money maker for Rivian.
Yep, but Rivian seems to have their hands full just trying to make the damn trucks/SUVs. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Stealth looks amazing on all colors, but Rivian's grey plastic cladding has to go!

Seriously hated it on my old Model S and so happy to see it go.

Rivian needs to ditch the ugly grey trim.
Agree. Seems to be the rage these days. MB has it on their SUVs. Wonder how difficult it would be to get matching fender flares?

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Satin finish and factory PPF with a ceramic overcoat could be a nice money maker for Rivian.
Yes. My Defender has a factory wrap- a $5K+ option. I wish Rivian offered the same...

Satin wrap causes much confusion even amongst car people. The LR technician thought my 'custom wrap' was interfering with my backup indicators ('What shop did your wrap?' 'The factory...'). Others think it's a custom paint ('Don't you have to be extra careful when you wash it?'). One thing for sure- everyone likes the look of my green Defender...

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
Very impressive. I'd go with it if I didn't have that treatment on my Model S! My first choice now is Canyon Red. I'll have to see what that looks like in Xpel Stealth.

jbssfelix

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Rivian R1S
Clubs

Dumb question, OP, but is this a colored wrap (aka actually pigmented black) or a clear, but diffused stealth ppf wrap (a la XPEL)?

Sponsored

OP
OP

DarkKnightR1T

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Sales and Marketing
Dumb question, OP, but is this a colored wrap (aka actually pigmented black) or a clear, but diffused stealth ppf wrap (a la XPEL)?
Stealth (diffused clear)

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I bet someone will figure out how to make a ceramic coating that applies a satin finish to the undercoating finish.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

really cool great job

jasonmkd

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350, Toyota RAV4 Prime
I’ve been thinking black but have been tempted by Blue. Haven’t seen them in person. What changed your mind?
I think the main thing for me was the black really didn't accentuate the lines and uniqueness that makes the R1T special. The satin PPF would certainly clean it up, but you have to commit to the full wrap ($$$) rather than a more manageable clear front cover only. Black is very standard...I've honestly wanted a black pickup for years, so when I saw it in person, I was a tad disappointed (perhaps unrealistic expectations). The general consensus is also how much color tone changes with your environment. A sunny day will show all the imperfections on black while cloudy or shady conditions will help hide that.

I wish I got in on the LE because launch green far exceeded my expectations, but the rich depth of Rivian Blue is something to see in person and will definitely turn heads. Other than that, white is super clean (but too much like my current vehicle), and forest green was also kinda underwhelming ...nice, but not *POW*

Rivian R1T R1S Matte Black Stealth PPF Rivian R1T Launch Edition PXL_20220409_203406626~2

Rivian R1T R1S Matte Black Stealth PPF Rivian R1T Launch Edition PXL_20220409_204826692

Rivian R1T R1S Matte Black Stealth PPF Rivian R1T Launch Edition PXL_20220409_204812796

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Is there a difference between these matte PPF jobs and just doing a matte vinyl wrap of any color? I’m thinking rather than spend $1500-2500 on paint plus another $2-3k (???) on PPF, why not get a free Rivian color and pick a custom vinyl color and save the difference?
I know one major difference is a color wrap is usually 2 mil vs 8 mil for ppf.
Sponsored