Sponsored

Master Thread: Review of the EV Sportline RMaxx Running Boards/Sliders (from Team 1EV)

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Any other new installs? Seems like EVS is shipping them out now, enmasse.
I want them, but can't afford them at the moment. :) Too many other monetary requirements and not quite enough demand for this. My 3yo is able to climb into the footwell when the truck is kneeling, so she's independent enough at the moment...

I know I'm gonna be stupid with it, that's why I've gone for a full PPF, and if/when I do the steps, it'll be rock sliders too...
Sponsored

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
TBH all the hackery around cutting holes and closing them up has put me off for now. I need a step but I may do the rock sliders if they involve less monkeying around

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
TBH all the hackery around cutting holes and closing them up has put me off for now. I need a step but I may do the rock sliders if they involve less monkeying around
You don't really want to carry 150 lbs of extra weight if you don't need the protection of the sliders. EV Sportline said the sliders are more than twice the weight of the RBs. I wouldn't call cutting holes to plastic covers and sealing them up as hack jobs.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
You don't really want to carry 150 lbs of extra weight if you don't need the protection of the sliders. EV Sportline said the sliders are more than twice the weight of the RBs. I wouldn't call cutting holes to plastic covers and sealing them up as hack jobs.
I agree on the weight part, but there's 11 pages here of people ordering parts from china then waiting on them and cutting them up or using outdoor flex tape to seal holes. If its a real need @evsportline should probably provide it with the product.

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
If its a real need @evsportline should probably provide it with the product.
It all depends on how you define 'real need'. Some people are worried about things that EVSportline isn't worried about. They've said it's a solid product as is, and are selling a full product. They're not wrong, it works as is, and performs the job that it's being sold to perform. There's other people that would like additional things, and have been working to find ways to solve the issues that they see.

None of those would I consider a 'hack job', instead i would call them customizations, some for functional purposes, some for cosmetic purposes...

Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
I agree on the weight part, but there's 11 pages here of people ordering parts from china then waiting on them and cutting them up or using outdoor flex tape to seal holes. If its a real need @evsportline should probably provide it with the product.
If you don't see a real need to cover them up, just cut the holes and be done with it. Covering holes are not really needed. I could as well leave covers off or throw them away since I'm never going to remove the RBs as long as I own the Rivian. I never think twice on cutting/sealing holes.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Me either.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Any other new installs? Seems like EVS is shipping them out now, enmasse.
We really don't know how many they are shipping each week. I ordered Nov 22 and the latest order shipped I think was from around Nov 17. I'm guessing they are shipping less than 20 a week.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
We really don't know how many they are shipping each week. I ordered Nov 22 and the latest order shipped I think was from around Nov 17. I'm guessing they are shipping less than 20 a week.
Maybe, maybe not. Some order leads came from here, others FB, Twitter or direct. I would guess by now that are at least shipping 50 a week, but who knows.

SJaYx2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Can someone tell me the length of the running boards? Much appreciated thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Can someone tell me the length of the running boards? Much appreciated thanks.
What measurement? For welting? They are not rectangular, so need to know more what you want measured.

SJaYx2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
What measurement? For welting? They are not rectangular, so need to know more what you want measured.
The actual running board itself at the longest section. I guess that would be the straight round tube closest to the brackets.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Waiting for my service appointment in early April. I flip daily on how I want them installed.

Some hesitation with each decision.

Did receive the grommets today.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Waiting for my service appointment in early April. I flip daily on how I want them installed.

Some hesitation with each decision.

Did receive the grommets today.
I’ll simplify the viable options for you by saying the grommets won’t work for all eight 4” holes. Go Gorilla, or go home! 😝
Sponsored